1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Petition to Remove Timeout timer.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Gilmour, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hey all

I made this petition script this week, and thinking of ways to use it :p

so made a petition to remove the timeout timer in both client so you may remain logged in as long as you wish (even with out camping luna)

I think it is a good service for them to offer in a time of declining subscribers.

Registration is NOT required to sign.

@ Knuckleheads.dk • UO Petitions

Greetings
    Gilmour

PS: flame away :p

2. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

i could really see 1 real bad thing about this, easier way to just stand and burn murder counts without having to really wate.

3. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I'm not signing it and I'm not going to flame you but I will give my reasons why.

Reds.

This would allow someone to easily wait off the 40 hours needed for long term counts, as it stands now they have to either pay a considerable sum for a forged pardon, or actively find some way to wait out the 40 hours per long term. Removing the time-out timer reduces one more reason "Not" to go red from the system.

4. you mean the timer inbetween switching chars?

if so, then no... why? because of pvper's... its bad enough they can switch accounts when they die and come back right away cause their char got stated on one account.

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

No.

Bad Idea.

6. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

It's already annoying enough seeing the amount of people logged in but not at their keyboard, this would just make it easier and increase the number of them.

7. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

I'm pretty sure the OP does mean the inactivity timeout timer. I think it could use a bit of lengthening, but others have given decent reasons to not remove it. However, removal could be conditional... I.e. not being red, etc.

As for the poorly coded logout timer, that needs to be fixed. It should affect those who have recently engaged in PvP only. No more of the waiting for a char to time out because you autodefended against a wandering mob. Agressor to a mob shouldn't count against you, especially since this 'feature' was created to stop PvPers from escaping fights by logging out...

8. olduofan

olduofan Guest

cant reds just go to any bank hide and be afk like all day and night so burning of counts really doesn't count ha

anyhow maybe in tram only and what i would like to see removed is the timer when i get home and my char auto attacks a rat and I need to log anther char and have to wait because "I wouldn't want to flee while in the heat of a battle" I say if you killed it you can auto log unless I'm over looking something I dont see any problems.

9. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I'd rather see them ditch the "aggressor timer" that kicks in when you brush by a sewer rat when you're running into your house to swap characters dealing 1 pt of damage to you (it hits you, you don't hit it) and forcing you to deal with THAT logout timer.

The inactivity timer is fine.

10. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable

doesnt take alot of skill or effort to put a match in your keyboard while you sleep :)

40 hours is still almost 2 full days, even if you are logged in 24/7..
    not to mention you can camp luna in 2d and never timeout without doing anything.. well ofc provided you are still blue :)

i see no problem with this.

And it was indeed the inactivity timer i was refering to :)

11. Radun

Radun Guest

OMG isn't scripting against the rules :hahaha:

12. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable

PHP script (webpage language) :p

also

my friend suggested in response to the replies that the current time out timer be fixed and used towards wearing off counts, while you could, as i suggested remain logged in as you wished.

13. Thav12

Thav12 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

What about decay of counts regardless of being logged on? I can see why the purists are against it, but in the day to day PvP business it would be just fine, I think. You will have to increase the time required to burn off counts. If my red were to loose his status by inactivity over 3 months, i am sure i can get him deep purple red again in about 15 minutes...so role playing stuff is not an argument.

I am sure I am missing something really crucial to this game.