1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Petra, any news from the Developers about other ways to obtain the new +5 Stats scroll ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I saw in several of your posts replying to players concerned about game inbalances coming from a limited availability of the new +5 stats to CAP (i.e. 260 vs. 255), calls to wait for news from the Developers about more ways to obtain these scrolls for players who could not attend the limited time Event.

So, question is, have these news gotten in ?

In what other ways, in order not to have the game be unbalanced and players upset with a consequent risk of perhaps further seeing the player base shrink down, will those +5 stats to CAP be available to those players who, unfortunately, were not able to attend the limited time Event ?

Thanks.

2. Phangs_of_Phage

Phangs_of_Phage Journeyman

Maybe add a harrower style monster that requires 2 skulls from primevil and 2 from abyssal inferno. that only gives 2 out per run or something. That would be nice.

3. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Petra, and any of the Stratics folks, will likely tell us when they know. Nagging won't make it quicker.

EA will tell people when they feel like telling people. They are the ones to 'remind'... not the messengers.

4. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

everybody gets it who buys the 15th anny upgrade?

5. popps

popps Always Present

I see, so in the meantime that players wait for the news, what do we do if there are concerned (and upset) players out there who are contemplating closing their accounts because they simply do not enjoy playing unbalanced fights (i.e. players sporting a 260 stats CAP versus players who CANNOT sport a 260 stats CAP...) ?

Is it good that UO may loose more subscriptions I wonder ?

I happen to think no, and thus I would imagine, IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE GAME, that the sooner these news come, THE BETTER !!!

Sevin0oo0, legendsguy and Raptor85 like this.
  6. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

Smoke if ya got em.......

Sevin0oo0 and Lord Frodo like this.
  7. Ruppy2

Ruppy2 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Personally, I prefer Kohler's brand of gold sink, but that's because I live near Whistiling Straits.

8. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Some players threaten to cancel their subscriptions every time something new is introduced. We don't have all the information on what's in store for the future, and I think it's premature to press the panic button over this question. *shrugs*

Mirt and Felonious Monk like this.
  9. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

I don't expect a Mesanna to respond till after the last of the events tonight o_O

10. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Puff Puff Pass. I shut down an account when the price of cloth on NPCs went up. Those that shut down their account will cry more when it was not active the last 30 days before the blanket freebe. Then there will be the character only quest grind to get the +5 that will make your eyes bleed. There will be balance. On the 15th anny date all characters without the 260 cap will get the 740 skill cap bump and be locked at 255 stats. Those already at 260 on the 15th anny will get the rideable purple Llamma introducing more tears from the havenots. The 740 havenots will get the passive ability to auto dismount purple Llama riders on the same screen. CC players will cry because EC players can auto dismount a further distance with the EC zoom out feature. The wheel keeps turning and only those on the rim need to worry.

11. King_Fisher

King_Fisher Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

If new people have to wait 4 years to get a 720 skill cap, I don't see the reasoning behind screaming and crying over waiting a couple hours/days for info from Mesanna about a measly +5 stat bump. Which only grants 2hp, 5stam,5Mana, and if your stats are already maxed then your adding the 2-5stats in something you probably dont rely on anyway. It can wait for the 20th anniversary for all I care. :)

12. Dragonater

Dragonater Journeyman

Sorry but I can't agree with that or any other "extra event" for the have nots. I'm not trying to be hardnosed about this but a lot of players took off from there rls to participate in this "very important" event. And from what I've heard, contributed as much as anyone else who attended. But because of a broken system (whatever the cause was ) on some shards, everyone got the scroll, others only a few. Now to compound this by making the "losers" compete in some other event, just dosen't seem Just. To my mind, as much as some feel it's about stat balance I feel it's about fairness. Stop the resentment and hard feelings and just give them out and let's move forward.

13. Shakkar

Shakkar Guest

ok as I recall the first plus 5 we were given was a choice between 5.o in any skill or 5 in stat for that char,after less than 6 months anyone whos acct was over x amount of months got a automatic bump on stats of 5 if they didnt not use theres previously for stat. so the peeps who chosed to take 5.o in a skill got twice the reward, hooray. now as far as this newest bump in stats of 5 it will probably be released a few diferent ways 1 )in less than 6 months any one with x amount of months on there acct will get the buff automatic. 2)they will more than likely be added to champ spawns as a random drop probably in fel only but I would like to think all spawns so it can be part of new revamp game is getting. of course all this is speculation and I so love the time we get to think of what could happen.In the end the final word hasnt been spoken on this issue from our beloved developers. I like many are waiting with baited breath.:pirate:

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  14. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

First of all no one knows for certain what the plans are so asking Petra direct is not going to give you any more information than asking anyone else. Second of all there are enough threads going on about the stat scroll question that if Mesanna did answer we'd be hard pressed to find the answer.

Enjoy the events and do exactly what Petra has suggested she is doing for herself, wait and see.

15. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Locking this because, well, there are enough of these threads.

Wanna talk about it? Post here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.