1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

@Petra Fyde

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Arden, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arden

Arden Guest

/lol

Do you use UOA?

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yes, though I didn't for the first 2 years I played. That is an approved program, and most of its functionality is promised to be included in SA.
    I don't leave it running while I watch tv and have never recorded a macro in it longer than that needed to fill one potion keg.

I play according to, and within EAs rules.

3. Arden

Arden Guest

I know UOA is approved, that isn't my point. So, seemingly you really don't need UOA? Personally I do. I couldn't play UO let alone ever imagine pvping without it. It is very similar to how I play WoW:
    MY UI
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    VS. Basic UI
    [​IMG]

Now, I choose to change my UI in WoW because it makes game play easier and more enjoyable. The treestumps mod did the same thing, made game play easier and more enjoyable. If you look at my later screenshots, I didnt have it yet I still manged to kill just as many people. My point being I used what made game play easier. Easier means more winning, and more winning is good because I "Like to Win."

To me cheating is like like having newbie bags, 500HP, speed-hacking, etc. These things give you a very evident and extreme advantage over another person. Just cuz my trees look different isn't cheating to me.

The only reason UOA is approved is (I assume) EA is taking some sort of cut. Lets pretend they get 1$ off every UOA acc purchased, wouldnt it be in their interest to ban every other mod out there, forcing everyone to UOA? Lastly, dont get my wrong UOA is no easyuo, however I ran 4 accs in doom at the same time using just UOA. I could have done the exact same thing with easyuo, why is one seen as legal (when I use UOA) and one illegal (when I use easyuo)

Sorry if this isnt kool to start up another thread that was already locked, Ill keep it PC b/c I am really curious about this topic

4. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

haha I just popped mine on last week after it being off for like over 2 yrs. And once I had that on I thought and what have I ever used this for ? haha

Only thing I ever figured out HOW TO was wool to yarn yarn to cloth and now I can not even remmber HOW I did that. I am so comically old school new fangled stuff just never appealed to me...can not even remember what year I got UOA approved program but Delucia was still .... a new city. haha

So ye see how oft I USE it...like um never. I HATE figuring out macros probably why I do not own one of them fancy pantsy keyboards. haha

I play UO PLAIN WRAPPER variety I guess. :) Just don't have use nor need for all that .......STUFF never got used to it anyways.

5. Arden

Arden Guest

No offense Queenzen, but its prob why you arent very good at pvp.

6. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

No offense taken sir. ONE I kept my DIAL UP haha cuz i hate changing. So even if I had all the bells and whistles macros...I would be too slow. And TWO I quit pvping with AOS...just never could get INTO pvp any more when I felt like I needed a slide rule to figure out my armor weps and all that bs just to go smack someone. hehe I PVP'd pre AOS and that is where my pvping remained back there in the dinosaur era of SKILLZ only UO pre AOS.

I did have fun though back then..even back to the days we collected heads for bounty or when factions were new and I picked the WORST defendable faction compound uo had, CoM was like ...very exposed. Twas a challenge to defend that base back then *on Chesapeake * when factions were new.

But yeh I have not pvpd since..no interest in it any longer. So here when I get killed I just WAVE hello and move on. haha ;)

I DO like to watch yall fight though...be it out there on the field or in duel pits at fight nights. It just is not my thing any more to pvp or pk. :) I enjoyed it when I was into it but that was back in the day in UO never to return. And that is fine with me...thus I made CRAFTERS in a feluccan ruleset called Siege. :)

7. Petra Fyde

The reason is, Tugsoft got everything in his program passed by EA. If you read his site you'll see that some things he wanted to put in weren't approved and therefore didn't go in. It only does what EA decided it was ok for it to do.

The 'other' program does much more, if my understanding of it, from people's past posts, is correct.
    Btw, we're not supposed to name the other program, so could you please remove its name from your post?

8. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

To me, if you need some kind of third party programme, approved or not, to be " good " at pvp, that seems to be some kind of oxymoron *shrug*. I have never used UOA and have always said that the functionality it offers should be integrated within the actual game mechanics itself. This is apparently happening to some greater degree in SA. We shall see.

9. Changing the trees/stumps gives a clear unfair advantage.

IMHO, even the unapproved 3rd party programs used by crafters are cheating, plain and simple. Without going into detail, they ultimately provide the user with exponentially more uber gear and gold than is intended for the amount of effort.

If you want to use a 3rd party program that truely is no more invasive than UOA, then there is no excuse to not simply use UOA.

10. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

lol?

Does it suddenly change the way your character runs through the forest (like holding down the right mouse button and pointing in the direction you want to go isn't enough?)

Those types of 'cheats' are nothing but psychological advantages... they don't actually change a thing.

11. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Typical responce of some who uses said software. Not accusing you of using it, but saying your answer sounds a lot like those who do...la

12. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

It's the typical response from someone who knows what he's talking about.

Your response is typical of someone who's a freaking moron. Not accusing you of being a moron, but saying your post reads a lot like one a moron would post.

And FYI, I've never used the 'tree-stump cheat.' I can run through the forest just fine by holding down my right mouse button and pointing in the direction I'd like my character to run.

13. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Ive never used a client altering programme, but it would seem to me that as well as reducing lag wouldnt it make field targeting, teleport targeting easier??

Its the same thing i say when people use the field altering thing, surely that improves efficiency in placing fields...therefore giving an unfair advantage.

14. TheScoundrelRico

Reduction of lag, and the abilty to see through the entire canopy definately is an advantage to see others who may not be hidden with the skill...la

15. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

1. Reduce lag? Are we still running commador PCs on dial up these days? And honestly... if you are PvPing on dial-up... I could give a squat less if you are 'speedhacking' or 'reducing your lag.'

2. Targeting? No. You either know how to target or you don't... practice makes perfect.

It's the same thing as dragging another players bar who is running around on your screen... it takes practice. You could see a group of people and the one who is good at the task... is the one who grabs the bar first try, almost effortlessly.

Same thing with placing fields... its point and click. You do it the same way, regardless of whether or not you've altered the image of the field files.

The point is... you've mentally given yourself an advantage because you believe it's easier to do now that it 'looks' different. In reality... all you've done is convinced yourself that you could do... what you already could have done without changing a thing.

It's all psychological... that's it.

16. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

UO has this neat feature called.... 'all names'

You can set it to show the names of incoming players... or even make a macro to show the names whenever you so desire.

learn not to be such a newbie.

Thanks.

17. TheScoundrelRico

In your mind. Aren't opinions great?...la

18. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

I like facts. They make more sense than your opinions.

19. TheScoundrelRico

Facts? How exactly do you know this is a fact? Other than actually running the program yourself and checking the ping of your system in each case. Are you admitting to "knowing" this is fact then?...la

20. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

How do you know the sky is blue? Without going up there and taking a sample of it yourself... how in the hell does anyone know!?!?!?!?!!?

You love my style!

Get over it.

21. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Cold busted. :loser:

22. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Where'd you get your WOW mods?

23. Actually yes, it DOES change the way your character runs through the forest and provides a huge advantage in certain locations. If it did nothing, then why would it exist and why would people use it?

But I think you already know this. I think you are just having fun dancing around ROC and using it as an excuse for your usual condesending trolls. However, if a mod says it is not against the ROC, I'll be more then happy to explain how the 'stump hack' works in detail.

Or, if you can find the old sp.net posts it is explained by the people who alpha tested it.

24. Petra Fyde

Sorry, this thread is getting far too close to stepping over the line. I'm going to lock it.

Too many dodgy applications named, too many people named as using them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.