1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Petra says to ask here first: invisible hearth fireplace?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Rhiannon, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Hi guys!

I have a heritage reward Hearth Fireplace and about 50% of the time when I enter my house, the fireplace is invisible and I only see the glow from the flames.

Is this a known bug?

2. OvenBird

OvenBird Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I've been decoing this past weekend and today, keep getting same problem. Never used to happen till I switched houses from Tram to Malas. Same thing with regular stone ovens too.

3. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It's been that way for years. I have five of the Hearth of the HomeFire in various houses and on different facets. They all do it.

4. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I have eight soulstones lined up against the wall. When I enter the house, they are always invisible until I do a mouseover. Same goes for the fireplace, ovens and anything that glows or moves. This is in Malas.

5. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Don't jinx me guys! I've never had this problem in Malas thank goddess!

6. Surgeries

Surgeries Grand Poobah

I have a house in Malas with a bunch of Fountains of Life, Soul Stones, Hearth of the Home Fire, etc.

Whenever I log in at that house, everything is visible.

It is when I recall to that location that I get the sometimes invisible, sometimes not visible thingy. It has been that way for a long time, in the EC...funky fo shizzle.

And yes, Airmid...it is in Malas!! Sorry!!

7. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I've never had this, but I use the classic client. Are you guys using the enhanced client?

8. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I am. It's beautiful, easy to use and the paperdoll art is gorgeous (note my avatar to the left). I love the hot bars and have become a much better fighter because of it. You can also have the skills you are working on show up as a list to the side (by putting them in a custom tab and checking to have them show). I could go on and on. I love the EC. And after finding out that I could toggle between using legacy containers for when I'm loading up vendors, I stopped using the old client completely.

I think you are right surgeries about how the bug is working. I wondered why they show sometimes and not others. I'm sure it's only when I recall to the house. I will test that today. Perhaps it's time to report those findings to the devs and maybe with that info, they can fix it.

9. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Is this in the EC?
    As i never have seen this at all and I have placed over 60 hearths and ovens and all. But I do only play in CC.

10. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yes, this is EC which I think has a few little bugs like that.

11. Surgeries

Surgeries Grand Poobah

I also just saw it happen in Del on Pac this morning when I went to go get my BODs. I recall in right next to the Smith shop when I do this.

A section of the forge was graphically missing when I recalled in, exactly how my home furnishings look when I recall in.

I am absolutely certain that recall causes this glitch on my side, as it ONLY occurs if I recall to my house. Everytime I get back from getting BODs, all of the Fountains of Life that showed prior to my leaving are partially gone when I get back, as well as Heart of the Home Fire, etc. I have NEVER seen this glitch on a freshly logged in character at my house; only if they leave, and then come back does it do this for me.

Here are some shots...first are Fountains of Life Before a Recall:

[​IMG]

Here are the same ones after recalling out to town and then back:

[​IMG]

Here is a shot of a regular fountain at my house before I recall:

[​IMG]

And here is the same fountain after i go to town and back:

[​IMG]

It would be so awesome to see this get fixed!