1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pets Listening!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tom_Builder, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Tom_Builder

Tom_Builder Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Whats up with pets listening? Didnt they fix this? They are worst then even now, you call them to you and they turn and run the other way. At 120 tame/120 lore a damn mare should follow any order I give. I should say DIE and it should fall over dead.

2. Lady Arwen

Lady Arwen Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah I have 120 lore and taming and my pets wont listen too well either. :( idk whats up but it sure is annoying.

3. I've had this problem aswell, but only for groups, 5 hounds/cats, or Power creaters GD/Dread horses

hrmm also when i was at 110 i had problems witha beatle... but that is probly because i sucked then :|

4. Fiskr

Fiskr Guest

Seems like some time ago a change happened where pets are either woundrously happy, or seriously pissed. I haven't had any problems with my pets listening as long as I keep them bribed, er, I mean fed.

5. Bribe works with prepatch dragons :D hehe

6. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I think this is happening as a result of either or both of the following:

(1) The pet doesn't hear/see the command because it is standing on ground that is higher or lower than the tamer.

(2) Latency/packet loss is garbling or losing the command.

7. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I get that problem with my pets if I have them guard me at the town invasions, where there is alot of monsters around example like a graveyard, but when I don't have them guarding me they listen just fine. when you use guard The monster has target on you which gets the pet to defend you by going after the monster, and when you call your pet back to you the monster still have you targeted which makes your pet go back after it, which makes the pet not listen. but one thing it doesnt really show that the monster is actually targeting you or even comes after you sometimes. next time your out dont use guard and see how they listen

8. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

If you put your pet in guard mode, as in "all guard me" or "petname guard me" you have done more than you realize. Not only is your pet guarding you it is also guarding itself. If either you or the pet are targeted it will defend. It will NOT stop defending until you issue a "stop" command. If you successfully issue a "stop" command the pet will do absolutely nothing waiting for your next command.

Tamers in the "know" switched their macros from "all guard me" "all follow me" to "all stop" "all follow me".

Basically guard mode makes your pet act as erratic if not more so, than it did before the changes.

9. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I don't have problems with my pets, but I have never made much use of the 'guard me' command. My pets are almost always obeying an 'all follow me' command or an 'all kill' command.

I find pets in 'guard' mode lose loyalty much more quickly too.

10. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

As posted you have to have pets NOT guarding, that causes most of the problems.

My Stable Macro says, All Stop, Stable; this make sure i havnt overlaoded the guard list of 5 and also makes sure every time i get a pet out and use my ALL Stop, All Follow Me that they actually will

11. Tom_Builder

Tom_Builder Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Well....I never use "the guard me" command. But I did use "Fang Stop", "Fang Follow Me". Fang then decided to run off. I then chased after him and fed him, told him to follow me. I guess he dicided to take an after dinner run, because I took off the other way again.

My greater dragons and Cu's always listen to me, but this damn mare needs a hearing aid. If he wasnt 8+ years old I would just release him, or maybe turn him in to a snack for my dragon.

Tom

12. Lady Arwen

Lady Arwen Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah I dont use the guard me command hardly ever. And I dont use the stop command at all. I always say all stay.

13. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

I have 2 fully trained Mares I sometimes hunt with and they have opposite personalities. One Follows Me 99% of the time while the other obeys maybe 60%. Same with attacking. It's really obvious when they're together and being given the same directions.

14. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

There was a problem a while ago with pets getting stuck on trying to attack monsters that were no longer there, usually when you recalled out after they started a fight. Maybe your mare is still hung up that way?

I don't remember if there was a fix beyond trying to get a sympathetic GM. Perhaps, since you have 2 mares, you could release, re-tame and re-bond? Being careful not to release at the stable, in guard zone, of course.

*is guilty of having made that mistake :blushing:*

15. Lady Michelle

8+ years old no wonder it doesn't listen thats like 10 times in human years making it as old as 80. Poor lil guys hearing is caput :(

16. Lady Michelle

I keep forgetting that stop command, but now I have it set up on a macro thank you

17. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

A "stopped" pet won't stand still, it'll wander around as if wild. You need to tell a pet to "stay" in order to keep it stationary.

Also worth mentioning that feeding a pet will cause it to go into "stopped" mode, and it'll do the same upon reaching you after a "come" command.

18. Lady Michelle

I just has this happen lastnight I took my dread horse out of the stable fed it said all follow me. Im on my ethreal recall to the WW lair say all kill, next thing i see is emmy appears to be better off without a master lol something like that. WW targets me i run off screen run back to lure it away once I get it far enough away I hide run back to my dread horse retame it then recall out, but yes there seems to be something seriously wrong with pets listening and their loyality. being bonded and going straight to appears to be better off without a master shouldnt happen. especially when you have 120 lore 120 vet 115 taming no skill jewelry.

19. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I agree with the OP things something isn't right. There have been numerous times in battle where I have told my pet to "stop' and 'follow me' only have to have it disobey my commands and continue fighting.

This is with 120 Lore and 119 Taming real value. Initially the changes to pet commands seem to work fine...now there seems to be issues with it.