1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pets Period

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by King Edward, Aug 31, 2008.

1. King Edward

King Edward Visitor

"The fact of the matter is, most NON-CHEATING/NON-SCRIPTING players are ALOT less concerned about greater dragons than 'speed-hacking/pot-program-healing cheaters'. Those of us not running cheats don't have a problem running off and making another attack at the tamer a minute later. Its those who feel they are "Too good to run" because their programs are "Leet" who cry about it."

I pulled the above quote from U Hall boards. The guy that posted it went off for quite a while after this... But I believe he hit the nail on the head with this one small part.

Most the people that are complaining are the ones that think their **** dont stink and for them to die for any reason (ESP a pet), isnt possible/fair. Try just leaving where the tamer is instead of asking for the world to be changed for you. Personally I think a mage with 150 mana/int, 2/6 casting, and 120 mage AND eval isnt fair. If I run a 60% fire resist suit why is it fair that his FS can do 120 hps Dmg to me? Yet if my dragon fires off a 120 HP FB at a 50% fire resist suit then its WWRRROONNGGG!!!!!

You people that never knew the days when a tamer could have 20 dragon in tow REALLY need to wake up.

Lets take the time to put some reasonsibility into the game too... Mages shouldnt me able to cast while mounted. Or if they do cast while mounted then the mage has a chance to fizzle cause the horse moved, or they lost there balance. And mounted meleers should have a NEG to hit for the same reason, unless using mounted weapons like lances for example.

Your all wining because a dragon can cast a FB that can kill you... WAKE UP. There SUPPOSED to do that. I cannot think of one time in the past where ive EVER read in a story that a dragon blew a fireball that had only the power to dry my hair. Gawds.

May the crying begin.

2. Nico

Nico Guest

PVP balance FTL huh?Um when you could have 20 dragons how easy was they to control AND was they bonded fully trained?

3. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Dude, WTF are you talking about? I have NEVER seen a mage that can hit 120 with a fs, or heck even an evil omen fs combo. Way to fail again, sir (or is it maam? I can't even tell anymore.)

4. King Edward

King Edward Visitor

No sweety, no bonding and no animal lore screens back then, and they took 3 days to get to max if used for only 2 hours each day. So back in the day I could have 20 fully trained dragons in 6 hours time. And If I lost um all WHO cared. Would take me a hour to get 20 again and a few hours to be fully trained. And granted they only did 30 HPs dmg with the FB, but with 20 who cared that only 5 blew ata time. And I could store 100+ in the stables. While now I get a max of 14.

Here Sweets... Have a pixel tissue (hands box).

5. King Edward

King Edward Visitor

Plz go take a 120 eval/Mage that is maxed out on Spell Dmg (25% total / 15
    % from items and 10% from skill) and cast on someone thats at 50% fire resist (and for more dmg choose someone that is cursed bugged). Then get back to me. Also my dragon fires 1 FB every 12 secs, whats your delay? im thinking 2 secs or so....

*Grabs box from Nico* Here ya go Black magick (BM for short, wayyyy more fitting) have a tissue.

6. Black magick

Black magick Guest

I have, so yes I know what i'm talking about, you also seem to forget how easy it is to interrupt flamestrike. On any good player the only way to even get one off is to either: precast or get lucky.

7. razic

razic Guest

lol no one runs 50% fire and 15 sdi is the pvp cap one more thing ive played a mage for a couple yrs and have never fs someone for more that 55. Dragons are way to overpowered but a newbie like u who has never played a real template wouldnt be able to understand that. :gun:

8. King Edward

King Edward Visitor

And not one of you have yet to throw in your 2 cents over melle/casting while mounted???

And the reason is you dont wanna possible hurt YOUR templates. More than willing to attack a tamers points on the boards but not find the faults in your own??

And BM, past the box to razic, he needs a few... Hes driving angery

9. Nico

Nico Guest

ROFL...common sense isnt so common for you is it?

10. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Why even bother trying to reason with the guy, hes beyond talking too or help. Let him have his game, maybe everyone will go find somewhere else to play like his 1st post says. Then he can sit at the bank and talk to his dragons. :scholar:

11. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Ok like commanding a beetle while on a mare? Humm, why are you even trying to argue over something you make no sense with? :scholar:

*hits the X on top right while laughing*

Some people will never change. :coco:

12. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

An old wise man once told me something i think fits here

He said, "A cow can not change it spots by posting on stratics"

Get it! LOL again kind ed with trying to convince us not to think ur gimp? you NEED pets for pvp, nothing else needs to be said.

13. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Hmm, melee and casting while mounted?? How about animal form/mounted petballing? Just because you can't do it, doesn't mean there aren't points to taming that others haven't yet mastered it.

14. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

This...

15. King Edward

King Edward Visitor

Im make a thread just for You Mr Cry.

16. razic

razic Guest

Yet again LOL no one will say anything about that idea because its absurd and makes no sence. plain and simple u have no idea what u are talkin about do u?

17. King Edward

King Edward Visitor

It does make sence. Most melee and magic casting in books or even in movies takes place OFF the horse. Mages cannot concentrate while on a horse to cast spells, tho yes I have seen mages cast a few quick ones while on horses in the movies. Same goes for meleeing... Warrior jumps off the horse while fighting close melee and mounted while jousting. And again yes we have all seen sword fights in the movies while people are mounted, but those are slam and bamm on each other fights, slow and ackward.

So I do not see any problem with both those casts being given a negative while mounted.

Hell.... Try to say toss a FB over a horses head and see if its gonna just stand there. Sure a trained horse my not move but a fresh one??? And since we all know your not gonna spend 5 secs training a horse we know you'd never have a "trained" one huh?

Both points are valid and with merit. And this is just a game... So live with it. Kinda like the whole point of changing pets, LIVE WITH IT.

18. Skwiz

Skwiz Guest

Please cry about something more idiotic...

Here --> " Reserved for king edward "

:coco:

You have no idea what game you are playing huh ed?

19. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

:I fixed it :bowdown: