1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pets that heal / cure themselves cause aggro

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Winter, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

Just an FYI since I haven't seen this posted.

When pets heal themselves or cure themselves it causes the attacked critter to switch aggro to the pet owner. I noticed this just now with my mare on a paragon changeling. Whenever the mare would cure or heal herself, the changeling would start attacking me.

kRUXCg7 and Wolfman like this.
  2. kRUXCg7

kRUXCg7 Sage

Just great. :oops:

3. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thank you for the heads up....... great another fine mess we are in for.... Kyronix!!!!!!!!! Oh Lucy.. U has sum hisplainin to do.........

4. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Have you experienced this issue with other mobs? Changelings switch targets often, so it wouldn't be uncommon for this to happen.

G.v.P likes this.
  5. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Paragons also switch targets to anyone moving nearby.

G.v.P likes this.
  6. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

I didn't test it with other mobs, but I did not move whenever the aggro switched - I am aware of the demon targeting.

The paragon was stuck in the rocks and I thought it would be good to use to train magery on my mare, and the fight lasted for about 10 minutes. I was able to cure, heal and invis my mare, and would get targeted whenever my mare healed or cured itself - I did all this without moving. And pretty sure it targeted me when I was invisible. it was NOT a target switching AI thing.

I should be able to test it late tonight on other magic casting mobs. It was just convenient to have the paragon stuck in the rocks to be able to safely test this.

G.v.P likes this.
  7. The Zog historian

Stratics Veteran

I tested with my cu sidhe. Nothing aggressed toward me, and I should have remembered something. Last week I trained it to GM healing, and the rotting corpses never turned on me.

8. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Paragons have always done this. It is best to use teleport around them. I send my pet in first, then teleport to that area and avoid them targetting me.

9. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

Maybe that's it, the paragon targeting. I didn't teleport but did invis myself, and thought that would break any targeting. I haven't been able to play at night at all, with 300-400ms pings lately. Yeah cloud.

Viquire likes this.
  10. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

An easy tactic with paragons is to tell your pet to kill it, then call your pet back to you. If you have your macro set to say all stop then all follow me, just use that and follow with a macro for kill last target.

Wenchy

11. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Extra old school points for calling paragon targeting "demon targeting."

I imagine, without testing things, a Cu Sidhe would be a poor choice to compare with a Nightmare. Would need to test the same or a similar creature who can also use Magery spells.

#11 G.v.P, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  12. The Zog historian

Stratics Veteran

I don't have a nightmare, but it should be the same since a cu sidhe bandages itself.

13. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

Agreed - mostly. Maybe it's because the mare (dread mare) is using magery to cure and heal?

What I found suspicious is that my mare was casting cure (not arch cure) when she was poisoned and then the changeling would start attacking me.

Hopefully my pings will be better tonight and I can test this on dragons and liches (plain and paragons) to see if there is a difference.

14. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I fought several monsters on TC1 and never had an issue with this, be they paragons or otherwise. However, I can't speak for the monsters found in Ter Mur, as the trial account I used didn't have access to it (nor did I fight any changelings.) I could stand right next to my White Wyrm/Greater Dragon/Nightmare/Rune Beetle/Dragon to heal (whichever I happened to be using), and not ONCE did they switch aggro to me. The pets were all healing themselves as well.

The only retargeting (provided I didn't screw up while fighting Paragons) I've ever experienced was from monsters who have access to Necromancy spells.

#14 drcossack, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  15. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Dragon targeting. people used to get sooo POd at the idiots running around on the floor of Destard causing all the spawn to retarget onto whatever was close. I know because I was an idiot until someone took time to show me. It was a great place to practice provo back in the old days.

G.v.P likes this.