1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Player Event) Phoenix Memorial Festival October 6-7

Discussion in 'UO Legends' started by DevilsOwn, Oct 3, 2012.

1. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Plans have been hammered out and you are invited to join us for fun and deathrobes! This year the festival will be a two-day event giving lots of opportunities for prizes and grey screens :) Our own EM Helios attended the final planning meeting and will be providing a single gate from Luna to the Phoenix Memorial Festival House, located in Skara Brae, and gates to each event from that location.

There will be a festival channel in chat for communication, which will be needed for two events that I will be hosting. Also, might be easier for festival goers to have a dedicated channel.

Schedule of Events (time, event, host...... please note all times are eastern)

Saturday Oct 6th
    • 3pm --- Harbinger Huddle --- FSB
    • 4pm --- Gate Roulette --- ELV
    • 5pm --- Castle Giveaway --- TMC
    • 6pm --- Archery Contest --- FSB
    • 7pm --- Mage Poker --- TMC
    • 8pm --- Net Toss --- FSB
    Sunday Oct 7th
    • 3pm --- Cow Tipping --- McNuge Clan
    • 4pm --- Phoenix Fishing Frenzy --- TMC
    • 5pm --- Drunken Mongbat Darts --- TMC
    • 6pm --- Keep IDOC --- TMC & FSB
    • 7pm --- Pen's Pedestal Pong --- ELV
    • 8pm --- Two Man T-Map Challenge --- Nadalia
    Also, on Saturday afternoon sometime after the festival begins I will be posting a picture here of DevilsOwn somewhere in the lands.... well, part of a picture ;) and the first person to figure out where I am, go to that location and holler for me wins the prize.

DevilsOwn has also been seeking an item in the lands, and has become totally frustrated as efforts have yielded naught. A bounty has now been put on this item and I will tell you what it is and what it is worth, to me, anyway, at the beginning of the festival in the dedicated channel.

We have allowed an hour for each event... some may be shorter, as in the case of the idoc (generally it's two minutes from fall to total cleanup hehehe) so there will be opportunities to let your families know that you have not, indeed, passed out at the computer.

#1 DevilsOwn, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  2. Lord Cuda

Lord Cuda Sage
    Stratics Veteran

No need to offer a reward for said Item!! I plan on attending the net toss in person! ;) I might even wear blaze just to aggrevate Omni into returning sooner because I wear it sooooo.... much better *flexes*:grin:

Damia TMC and Uriah Heep like this.
  3. DevilsOwn

yer gonna love the net toss..... after the initial batch where everyone in attendance gets a net to toss it looks to be a Fabled Fling.. we got so many white nets (thanks for the donations, all!) that I'm pretty sure we can fill the hour with just whites

(and yes, you look mahhvelous in blaze, sweetie)

#3 DevilsOwn, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  4. DevilsOwn

a word about the Castle Giveaway....

yes, TMC is giving away a castle.....
    the castle is in Felucca, so if you don't want to live there, don't play the game
    if you don't have the ability to accept the castle in trade, don't play the game

5. Damia TMC

Damia TMC Sage
    Stratics Veteran

The idoc will take a little more than 2 minutes :). We have some entertainment planned and a little EM mayhem may ensue. Packies beware. This year we are dropping a keep donated by Uriah Heep and thanks to the many donations we have received, its almost full.

6. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You wish bro! I already started working on my blaze outfit. But you worship is noted!

Uriah Heep likes this.
  7. Lord Cuda

Lord Cuda Sage
    Stratics Veteran

:heart:

Uriah Heep likes this.
  8. Damia TMC

Damia TMC Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I am so excited for today :)

9. Damia TMC

Damia TMC Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks everyone for coming this was soooo much fun. Events start again tomorrow at 3pm eastern.

10. DevilsOwn

This year's festival stamped complete and goes into the pages of the Legends memory book. Two days, twelve events and only one grumpy person! Personally, I had a ball.. from old favorites, like cow tippin', to new games, like pedestal pong, we tested our abilities, increased the number of zombie skeletons and even gave away a castle!

Much appreciation to the hosts and hosting guilds including ELV, TMC, VFW, FSB and the McNuge family. It's fun to host events and I also know the amount of work that goes into hosting even the simplest game.... so thank you all for making this year's festival a success.

And now, if anyone managed to get any pictures of happenings over the course of these two days please post them :) cause it completely slipped my mind!

ShadowTrauma and jeriicco like this.
  11. jeriicco

jeriicco Journeyman

Big thanks to everyone who organized and hosted It was a blast...Full report with pictures coming soon :)

12. Penderrin

Penderrin Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

THE DevilsOwn needs a big round o' applause!

P.S. Did that bathroom get cleaned out?

#12 Penderrin, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    Uriah Heep likes this.
  13. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend

It was nice to be able to pop in for what I could. Nice to see some old names from days past! Hope to do it again sometime! I am now a full time trammy!