1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Physical resist begins at -18?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Fraxinus Excelsior, Dec 6, 2009.

1. When I Take of all my armor etc. my resists all go to 0. Except physical resist that goes to -18...
    When i put on my armor nothing happens to physcal resist untill I have enough armor that it will exceed -18 and then it begins displaying physical from 1, so basically i have to have 19 physical resist in order to get +1 on my stats...
    None of my other characters do this..

Why? Is it something I have done? What must I do to fix this?
  2. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

welp, I'd log in to verify what I'm about to say, but I'm stuck at "Verifying account" <sigh>

It sounds like Protection or perhaps Archprotection are cast on your character. Both of these lower your Physical resist. Open your buff/debuff bar to see if there is one of these on you. If so, recasting it will remove the spell.

To open the buff/debuff bar in 2D, open your Stats gump and click the gem in the upper left. Not sure on the Enhanced Client.
  3. Aha!
    yes that was it!
    protection and other stuff...