1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Physical UO Art

Discussion in 'UHall' started by CryptisRavenous, Jun 27, 2012.

1. CryptisRavenous

CryptisRavenous Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

With all the buzz about how great Exodus looked, and I totally agree, Grimm, he looks awesome! I would love to see some sort of physical manifestation of the UO artwork again. I own all of the Todd McFarlane action figures from the Lord Blackthorne's revenge title/series and I started out just buying the ones I thought were cool because I don't really collect action figures or anything, and ended up with all of them just simply because it was UO related and I don't see much UO propaganda anywhere these days! It doesn't even have to be action figures (though, that'd be cool!) but a materialized poster, post card, t-shirt, hoodie, something, I'd love to get my hands on anything.

-Cryptis

PS: I have the UO shirt the EA/Mythic website used to sell, lol.

2. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

Since they have been working on high resolution graphics, would be cool to see some screenshots that could be used as perhaps small posters. Plus there is concept artwork that would be cool - Grimm has done some amazing concept artwork in the past that is overlooked by many people.

3. CryptisRavenous

CryptisRavenous Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Exactly. Either promotional or conceptual artwork would be awesome and I'm a prepress tech in real life. I understand the cost of printing/manufacturing projects like this but it would be doable and I can't speak for anyone but myself, I'd buy it.

4. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thanks guys, most of my concept work is more production art rather than fine art, not sure much of it would look good printed out.

My concept artwork is really intended to get an idea across rather than. Make something look pretty. Maybe we'll get a couple of concepts out that I did for the nexus as well as Exodus. I'll see if that's ok.

-Grimm
    (Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

that would be awesome. Your groupies would be so happy

6. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend

Hahaha! Groupies...

Well, I might not be able to post any of my concept art on the Herald, but feel free to check out my website, I'll be putting a lot of stuff up there in the near future!

Relocate

-Grimm
    (Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD)

7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

*drools over the art* Wow..... do I wish we could have things looking that nice.

Thinking of things.... can you redo the Aquariums and have them actually "show" something? I mean player made aquariums made from cloth and whatnot are soo much cooler to look at.... granted it's neat when you click on the aquarium..... but if you're just walking by the aquarium it's blah.

8. Sir_Bolo

Sir_Bolo Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oooo... do I see a gypsy wagon waiting for approval in the "environment art" section?

9. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend

Well, we now have a really nice system for processing animated tiles, I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to make a sweet multi- tile animated object.

-Grimm
    (Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD)