1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pick-Axe that gives a +skill to mining?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by The Fallout, Oct 1, 2009.

1. The Fallout

The Fallout Guest

Wasn't there a pick-axe that gave players +skill to mining in the SA beta? That was removed?

2. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Never saw or read anything about it

3. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Are you thinking of Jacob's Pickaxe? (New Haven mining-quest reward, +10 mining)

4. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

That one doesn't give a bonus over 100 though does it?

5. The Fallout

The Fallout Guest

Ha these New Haven arties are really confusing me....yes that is what I am thinking about.... I guess I can assume it won't get you to 115... but if I have 90 Real Mining, can I use that and the +5 gloves to get 105 and Mine as if I had 100 real and only the gloves?

6. Lady Kiara

Lady Kiara Guest

Ming is easy to work up With out Pluses but to answer your question i would think so i have 100 mining skill and gloves on and it is 105 ...hope that helps...:thumbsup:

7. Endrik

Endrik Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Is the same true for Lumberjacking and the +5 hatchet... does it bring you to 105 or do you stay at 100?

8. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

100. To the best of my knowledge, gloves of mining are the only items in the game that break the skill cap.

(er ... and the ancient smithing hammers)

9. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

If you are at 90 skill, if you equip the Jacob's pickaxe FIRST, then the gloves, you can get to 105. Of course, while doing so, you can only dig with Jacob's pickaxe, but if you're doing it just to smelt, that's not an issue.

All this stuff is covered in the various FAQs & guides on the Craftsman forum.

10. Lady Tiger

Lady Tiger Guest

would be nice if those pick axes gave the gargoyle mules the +5 bouns they lose when by not being able to wear the mining gloves.