1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Picking a Paragon Chest

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Teiwaz, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Teiwaz

Teiwaz Guest

I have GM Cartography & Lockpicking ,yet for some reason I cannot pick a Paragon Chest ,please inform me as to why?

2. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

You are going to have a better chance of getting this answered in the UO Treasure Hunter or UO Thief Forums. This forum is for thieves who steal items from other players...la

3. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I have gm lockpick and it can still take me as many as 30-40 times to open a higher end para chest. Cartography doesn't affect your lp. All I can recommend is keep trying.

4. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Picking a paragon chest is like picking your nose....it is best to do it when others aren't watching!
    :)

5. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

It takes quite a few tries. I burn through about 10 picks on them.

6. Adreena

Adreena Guest

I am GM Lockpicking also but it won't even let me try to pick a paragon chest. Says "You are unable to pick this lock" .. I don't understand it. Can someone please help me out? Thank you

7. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

You're making the attempt, but failing.....

do it enough, and you will either get a success or start getting broken picks (before eventually succeeding).

There have been some paragon chests that have taken me over 100 attempts and 40+ broken picks to open.

8. Remyi

Remyi Guest

*nod* It takes me anywhere from 1-50+ tries to pick a high level paragon chest. I actually broke 75 picks at 100 LP, trying to pick a paragon cu sidhe chest the other night.