1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

picking what mods to add

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by zamot, Dec 25, 2014.

1. zamot

zamot Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Is there a way to add specific mods to the client? Lets say I want the runebook mod from one and the plant gump mod from another. Is there a way to merge the two and set it up. Just curious if it would be possible.

2. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

no, unless the mod is made to be used as standalone...

3. zamot

zamot Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

ok thank you pinco

4. LowdownandShifty

LowdownandShifty Journeyman

I don't disagree with pinco here, but I think his response doesn't tell the whole story. I've released a few stand-alone plugins that function across multiple mods--unzip it to the UI's folder and it works.

It's up to the modder to design features that can stand alone or not; some are while others are not. As far as I've seen, most of the packaged UI mods have a lot of dependencies that prohibit this plug-and-play functionality.

5. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You have no idea what kind of disasters happens when a clumsy user uses this plug and play :D
    Personally I think that mods are great for default UI, but an entire UI should provide all the tools needed by a player in order to play. If you use an UI and you need to use script commands or extermal mods then it's no good for you :p

6. LowdownandShifty

LowdownandShifty Journeyman

Agreed. I think if someone tried to pull your UI apart piecemeal, they would cause terrible problems. However, there are some features that are designed to be plug-and-play, and adding them to a mod may/should be harmless. :)

7. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

You are right, you can make standalone mods but like the lack on players the lack on mod developers is also a problem. I also have to say i have all i need, there are issues ingame that have to be fixed by the devs the shadow copies of players or mobiles are very anyoing the movment is very choppy this fixes improvment would be nice to have in the future.

petemage likes this.