1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pics and results from tonights EM horse race

Discussion in 'UO Legends' started by NewThunder, Mar 13, 2009.

1. NewThunder

NewThunder Guest

Getting ready for the race:

[​IMG]

The Final Five Lined up to start:

[​IMG]

And the Winner was :
    [​IMG]

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

:D looky! I'm almost there!

great fun... thanks EM Tashik!

3. Round 1

[​IMG]

Winner: Lee Layfe of TMC

Round 2

[​IMG]

Winner: Tovladian Soltyr of T*T

Round 3

[​IMG]

Winner: DevilsOwn of FSB

Round 4

[​IMG]

Winner: Julie of DD

Round 5

[​IMG]

Winner: Sorcon Gratius of iGod

Final Round

[​IMG]

Winners: Sorcon Gratius of iGod, Tovladian Soltyr of T*T, and Lee Layfe of TMC

There arrow is there cause it's what I seen, when actually going over the finish line I was about 2 tiles ahead of Sorcon on my screen. I wasn't suffering from any lag what so ever but at the end of the day it's not what I see but what the EM sees I guess.

4. Lord Cuda

Lord Cuda Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Silly Elf *sighs*
    When racing Sorc throw shinies on the ground, he will stop. His horse will keep going but he will stop lol

Omni would have won if he had been there for the simple reason he would have blinded everyone with his blazeness :D

And I am really saddened that Devilsown did not have a better overall showing. With all the practice she gets with paragons she should have been a lock :lick: :hahaha:

5. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I would have won that so hard they would have to shut down the events again.

6. Kula

Kula Guest

Ah! Bah! I put this in my memory to remember to log in to race, but then I forgot completely which day I was supposed to log in, I told myself it was to be held sat night!!!! lol :(

7. I think this shows how bad this game needs an update though, because on my screen, I was like nearly a whole horse ahead...

8. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I *think* it was JC, who once posted videos of a chase, taken from two computers (the chaser and the chasee), and it was amazing the amount of difference in the two movies. It's true, not everyone sees the same things, I guess it depends on vid cards and conn, but in the end, (like this race) the only reality that matters is what was showing on the EMs screen.

9. Penderrin

Penderrin Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Certainly was a lot of fun!

10. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You would think PvP dexers would be very sensitive to any disconnect between what clients see? You could presumably play all sorts of evasive games by getting opposing clients to guess wrong about where you were actually standing on any given tick where they don't get an update from server?

11. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

LOL
    Brings to mind an example, from long ago, when the wife and I played side by side on two computers...her on the PIII, and me on an ancient hmm, Cyrix? processor. We were fighting undead that used to spawn below the river by the Yew crypts, I was healing and curing fast as I could, when I heard someone's death moan...I asked, "who the hell died" and she said sorry, she couldnt heal me fast enough LOL
    I still had almost half a life bar left...was a full 4-5 secs from hearing it on her puter to seeing it on mine hehehh
    So yeah, we don't always see "eye to eye".

And Maplestone, the main thing to do is just stick to em, you'll hit em sooner or later. This is the exact same reason that sometimes you take that damage from something that you dont think really got close enough to ya to hit ya. It really did, it just didnt show up on your screen due to lag, frame skips, whatever.

12. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

fortunately for me, mongbats don't dance around too much.