1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pilot's Wheel

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Fig_The_Ancient, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Fig_The_Ancient

Fig_The_Ancient Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

SO I finally break down and get a britian boat....is there a trick for installing the pilot's wheel to the boat?

2. Triberius

Triberius Firefall Moderator | LotRO Moderator
    Alumni

It's only for houses...

3. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Bizarre, but true ... the description on UOGamecodes even say "The Captain's Wheel is a housing decorative item that acts as a sextant, providing longitude and latitude."

Of course, why the hell you need something to tell you the longitude and latitude of your never-moving house, rather than something on your constantly moving ship, is an interesting question.. A locked down sextant does everything this 'wheel' does, and much more if you unlock it, so really it's only something to buy for appearance - or so people can ask "why do you have a ships wheel on your house and not on your ship, and why do you need reminding where your house is?".

4. Triberius

Triberius Firefall Moderator | LotRO Moderator
    Alumni

Yea I know it's odd, but then again that's what the Old Spring Decor sextant and map are for.. having those makes ship life a bit easier, no worries about losing them as they are blessed.

But I'll agree if the wheel would work on ships it would increase the value of the item not only in a monetary sense but in a practicality sense as well.

5. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

One would think that, wouldn't one? And yet, if you're on the Dev Team, common sense is a exceedingly rare commodity.

Per Mesanna in the May 27th Dev Q&A (10 mins in) "I'm sorry, it is a decorative item only for your house and we cannot put them on boats. We have the small ones on the boats, but we can't put the ones that we're give'n away, sorry."

Yet, we can put parrots on the boats? Aren't they... ya know... decorative house add-ons? *coughs*

Its just silly that something purchased with the Captain's bundle, which is completely useless in a house, can't be plopped on one of the Britannian Ship's add-on pads. One might just get the idea that someone was too lazy to add it to the rather short list of acceptable items...

6. Lord Raven

Lord Raven Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

The only reason I spent the extra $$ for the Captain's Bundle was to get the Pilots Wheel. Which, as we all now know... is house deco.

One more reason to not make purchases from the game code store.

7. PapaKarlson

PapaKarlson Guest

I thought there was a spot on ships to place deeded house decor items?

8. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Only on the Brit ship, and which items it accepts are extremely limited - a very small minority of 'deeded' items are allowed.

9. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Too small a list.

Yes we all want to know exactly where that wall tile is in our homes...... NOT.

Would have been more useful if I could "link" it to my boat and it worked more like a beacon to know where the devil my boat is...

Or if it worked like a rune to my boat and I could recall off it.... but no...... it's a useless deco item....