1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pinco UI Chat issue

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Reinzeld, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Reinzeld

Reinzeld Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I just tonight decided to take a shot at the EC, since I have read good things about Pinco's UI. However, I have run into an issue--while fishing on my boat, I found that chat text is not disappearing at all. I tried looking through the options menus, but didn't see anything that appeared out of order. After an hour of looking at "The fish don't seem to be biting here." and "Anyway, 'tis a dull story." and "Aye aye sir.", it's gotten somewhat annoying.

Is this something that I have done wrong, or is this one of the features of the new client?

2. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

check through the chat tabs "chat filter" in order to see if the "Chat" checkbox is enabled... or just switch to "journal" tab instead of staying in the "system" one :D

3. Metalstorm

Metalstorm Seasoned Veteran

It sounds like your "overhead chat" is set to forever.

Bring up the user settings and go to the "OPTIONS" tab.
    Scroll down and near the bottom is something that says "overhead chat"
    There you can choose how long the overhead text stays on screen before disappearing.

Also don't forget to press "Apply" before exiting. In the EC you have to "apply" your changes unlike cc where you would click "ok" instead.