1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pinco's UI 6.0 BETA

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Pinco, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I've released the new version of my UI. Remember that is a beta version :p

Remember to use the UI Patcher to UNINSTALL the old version of the UI before using the basic setup.
    You can find the basic setup HERE

2. HoneythornGump

Huzzah!!

Thankyou Pinco!

This will make for great gaming experience during the holidays!:)

Pinco likes this.
  3. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Will only be able to try it during the weekend, but I will make sure to report any unusual behaviours I run into while using it. :)
    Thank you for your hard work.

Pinco likes this.
  4. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

As I said to Podolak, Woof'nhoo! :D

5. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Big ups to Pinco.

6. Hardy

Hardy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Great news, can't wait to try this! @Pinco thanks for your efforts and hard work.

7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

OMG Sweet day! Thank you Pinco!!!!

8. HoneythornGump

I'm having issues installing on a Windows 8 OS.

I'm getting a NetFrame error and the patcher says my patcher is out of date.

"Cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\UserInterface\UI PatcherFull\patchTemp\UI Patcher.exe"

The patcher.zip file in the patchTemp Folder is 0 KB could that be related?

Is anyone else running into this issue?

9. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

because it seems you installed it in the wrong place...
    The file must be unpacked here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced
    or it won't work.

Read the instruction in that page if you still have problems...

10. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

11. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

So, that means - if I have installed UO on another drive, like 'D:\Games\Ultima Online Enhanced\' it wont work? Old UI works there....

12. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Nah he just means in the base directory of UO Enhanced. I have it in C:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced and it worked fine.

13. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

I couldn't unpack it from downloads to that directory, it kept giving me error about file can't be created. So I unpacked it in Downloads and then copied all the files over and it seems to work ok.

Edit: reopened game and rebooted comp and now ok
    However, cursor over items and the gump disappears in seconds no time to read. Can't use it until that's fixed.

#13 Parnoc, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  14. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Ok after I finally got it working I only have one complaint.... the sizing of the containers keeps shrinking back down.

Also I can't find the book recorder.

15. Fusilli Zaitsev

Fusilli Zaitsev Journeyman

My containers are bugged as well--the window frame of the container is much larger than the contents inside. Also, I'm having some serious latency issues with the player context menu (single clicking anything, really). Lastly, my runebooks won't open.

16. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

I'm afraid to try it now.
    EDIT: Bugs or no bugs, I can't wait to see it. I downloaded it and it's installing now.

#16 Yadd of Legends, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  17. MalagAste

I had the problem of my runebooks not working but I solved this by using Ctrl+R.

However for the most part I am SERIOUSLY liking the new UI.

@Pinco I do have one thing I see not in the new UI that I miss... there isn't that little triangle thing that gave my weight, # of followers and such in it. I miss that very much! Will you be putting it back in? Or am I just not seeing it somewhere?

18. Adol

Adol Certifiable

You aren't accepting new board registrations so I cannot bug submit there. After a few minutes testing I've found the following issues, the first being a UI Breaker.

1.) Disabling the EC Playsound via options (effects, music, heartbeat) means the Playsound doesn't launch when the game does; however attempting to load the game with the Pinco UI enabled then fails with the following error; "This UI requires EC Playsound to work. Run ECPlaysound.exe from the game folder or press OK to use the the default interface."

Clicking OK switches Pinco off. However running the EC Playsound.exe when that error message is up also boots the UO launcher a second time before allowing the UI to work.

You used to be able to run the Pinco without EC Playsound, and it shouldn't be required now, especially when the UI gives the option to turn it off but then ignores the users choices.

2.) The Loot Bag does not change colour when selected via the icon, although it works as a loot bag

3.) Looting via right clicking in a corpse gump doesn't loot the item you click; so if there is 4 items with gold at the top, right clicking the gold actually loots something else. This may be due to loot priority options set elsewhere?

4.) Looting via the Take All icon on the corpse gump puts everything into the loot bag, including Gold which should go to the main backpack.

5.) If you have Animal Lore on a Hotbar, and set its target to Current, then try and use it on different animals without closing the gump, it seems to be unable to work out what it's targeting;

[​IMG]

Notice it thinks the Dragon is still a Greater Dragon and thus gets all the stat evaluations wrong. Running around Destard using tab to shift targets, it sometimes failed completely and seemed to think it was targeting entirely different creatures.

6.) Occasionally you'll also get the Buy/Sell gumps below the health bar when clicking a dragon, as well as the taming option...

7.) With a fresh install, it's impossible to open your paperdoll, either by the C key, right clicking yourself, or right clicking the character bar to try and get at it. I tried turning "Block Other Paperdolls" on, in case it was an error with that, but that didn't work either. The tool tip for "Block Other" says "A toggle is also available through other actions." These other actions may be blocking paperdoll then?

8.) There no longer seems to be any way to turn off the new item description gump separate from other UI features? I've managed to find the options for everything else except that one, which is likely to prove contentious... I personally think it's ugly and would like the old simple style please.

If these descriptions don't help, I'll have to see about video recording the issues as they happen tomorrow to explain more clearly...

19. Dot_Warner

After playing with it a bit, two things that I'm immediately missing:

1) The slayer window. Its always nice to have confirmation of which slayer you're currently using. If its in the options somewhere, I didn't see it.

2) The book recorder. Couldn't find the icon in the actions menu, nor did I see a check box to enable it in the options menu.

Will these be returning? Pretty please?

20. Yadd of Legends

Campaign Supporter

Is there an option for a less graphic item property display?
    Q: What do the +12 etc descriptors in green beside the caps mean?
    Also, I would like to see if it's a Legendary Artifact, Greater Artifact, Major Magic item, etc
    Q: What is a blue name supposed to mean? Not a relic frag; I unraveled 12 blue items and only got 2 relic frags. But I know I get relic frags from anything major magic or above.

pincos.jpg

#20 Yadd of Legends, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    HoneythornGump likes this.
  21. Yadd of Legends

Campaign Supporter

Crafting
    Gump scroll broken - can't scroll down to find the item you need to craft - the slider on the right slides, but the items don't scroll
    EDIT: Update - The scroll is working fine today. Is it possible I didn't start UI Patcher as Administrator last night? In any event, I'm canceling this alert.
    BOD auto refill stopping early - quits every time before the BOD is full (ex: 8 of 10 and 18 of 20)
    BOD.jpg

Attached Files:

#21 Yadd of Legends, Nov 25, 2014
  22. Yadd of Legends

Campaign Supporter

With my mage, I get a gump at the top in the buff field that says I'm holding a slayer, but it's not the right slayer. For instance, I equip an undead slayer spellbook, and the icon at the top says I'm holding a repond slayer.
    slayer.jpg

#22 Yadd of Legends, Nov 25, 2014
  23. Yadd of Legends

Campaign Supporter

Sound - music, no complaint - I love hearing those little clips from Skyrim and Witcher again

24. Dot_Warner

Ah ha! I hadn't tried actually holding a slayer yet. :blushing: Thanks!

Edit: Okay, this doesn't appear to work at all for melee weapons...

#24 Dot_Warner, Nov 25, 2014
  25. Dot_Warner

The mouse over windows are WAY too big... Shrink the excess black space and move things closer together.

I really don't need gigantic graphics on what should be a very minimalist gump...

Weights don't need a graphic, "Weight : 10 Stones" was just fine.

If the graphics are kept, shrink them down to half their current size.

Edit: Also, not EVERYTHING needs to display one of these windows. House doors display them (HUGE!) and they quickly become very distracting.

Yadd of Legends likes this.
  26. MalagAste

@Pinco... Ok I didn't so much mind not knowing EXACTLY how much gold is in a pile when you list it as 1k or whatever but NOW I have a MASSIVE beef with this!

I went to find out what the top weights are of the things at the Rangers Hut in Skara Brae and the Walrus and Bull are listed at 3k. Well that don't tell me what I need to know..... HOW THE HECK am I to know what the top is or what I need to beat if I can't freaking see wtf it is? 3k don't tell me ****... I need an ACTUAL Number... To be able to tell if mine is better or not.

27. Yadd of Legends

Campaign Supporter

Looting gumps unreadable
    Descriptors keep disappearing before you can even read them - it's like the mouse is set for one pixel, and there's no way you can hold the mouse steady enough while you're trying to loot and fight at the same time - this did not used to be a problem, but now it's a major problem
    EDIT: I just tried this in my house, holding the mouse perfectly still over items I looted, and the properties still disappear after about 3 seconds - before I can even read it - very frustrating
    EDIT: Update again: I tested this again today to make certain the UI is installed correctly and the problem can be duplicated. The descriptions of items are still disappearing too quickly when you hover over items. The descriptors should stay there as long as you hold your mouse over the item, not fade away by themselves after 5 seconds or so before you have a chance to read them.

#27 Yadd of Legends, Nov 25, 2014
  28. Dot_Warner

Something is screwy with containers...

The grid randomly shifts down and to the right so that the right most column of squares is partially cut off. Resizing the gump has erratic results, especially when its scaled.

29. Ox_AO

Ox_AO Adventurer

Pinco can you set a "now following" to your program. I play multi clients and i will not even consider your program unless i have a way to have characters follow one another.

Honestly, I can't believe this would be difficult to add.
    In the 2D client it is just Alt click on the toon. this was created in the very early days of UO. I'm glad it was. HA

30. MalagAste

Don't think Pinco can do this. Sadly this is something the DEV's have conveniently left out of the EC. It's NEVER been in there much to my dismay... because I'd love to have it. If you really want it you'll have to poke at Bleak probably or Kyronix to get that in.

Ox_AO and Dot_Warner like this.
  31. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

The book recorder will arrive in a second time...

no there is not, now there are the stat labels that are much better and much more customizable, read the changelog for more info...

Registrations are allowed only through twitter, facebook or email. Read here
    If you don't want to register just use the ingame bug report tool :p

Disabling EC Playsond just stops the sound, the program is mandatory in order to make the UI work properly.

There is not such option for now. It will be added in a second time because it requires quite some time.

This will not be added. Now you have a buff for each slayer you equip and a debuff for every opposite slayer.

It's the comparison with what you have equipped.

If you read the changelog:

On the top left corner you will see the stereotype of the item in order to easy understand what kind of item is it.

• The number of stars around the stereotype indicates the kind of reforge:
      • 1 star: minor reforge
      • 2 stars: lesser reforge
      • 3 stars: greater reforge
      • 4 stars: major reforge
      • 5 stars: legendary reforge
    • The number of stars around the stereotype indicates the kind of magic item:
      • 1 star: minor magic
      • 2 stars: lesser magic
      • 3 stars: greater magic
      • 4 stars: major magic
    • The number of stars around the stereotype indicates the kind of artifact item:
      • 2 star: lesser artifac
      • 3 stars: greater artifact
      • 4 stars: major artifact
      • 5 stars: legendary artifact
    • all those properties are not shown as text

it's relic, but you have to put the right settings for your character/forge type on the user settings in order to get it work correctly.

The repond you see is a debuff indicating the opposite slayer effect.

Can't be done through the UI, and IS quite complex to add inside the client, because it will require to code a smart pathfinding system inside the client

Yadd of Legends likes this.
  32. HoneythornGump

Where is the default item property display? Is that going not an available option?

I don't want a huge window every time I hover over an item. It's extremely annoying.

This is a gamebreaker for me...

I don't like these big windows. I just want something straight and to the point.

33. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

as I've already told this is a beta and several features are not available yet. That option still requires a lot of time so it will come in a later time. You can reduce the UI scale if the gump is too big for you.

Hardy and Yadd of Legends like this.
  34. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Looking good so far @Pinco!

When I click "show character menu" nothing seems to happen. I was hoping it would show the various stats for a selected char like before. (SDI, DI, SSI, EP etc..)

[​IMG]

35. Raúl

Raúl Visitor

I am having difficulty also. I get a message saying hardware rendering failed, do I want to try software rendering (performance will be drastically impacted), then a message saying my graphics card cannot run UO! Well it's been running it fine all these years, so I am at a loss as to why it wouldn't now. Any ideas please?

36. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

that's just the context menu that you usally get on right click yourself. The character sheet is what you are looking for :p

that sounds more like you have some file missing...

37. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

Sounds to me like there may be a video driver problem. There's a free program you can download that might help called Driver Booster by IObit, it checks all your drivers and if needed updates all of them for you, this might solve your problem.

38. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry I didn't explain it very well. I mean this thing (taken from your old UI).

[​IMG]

39. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

that's on the properties now and you need to open the paperdoll first.

40. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Do you have thief type gumps in your program? I'm just learning the tricks of the standard EC so I am hoping someone has created some handy thief stuff to make our lives easier :) ...la

41. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

OK great I found it. Thanks Pinco.

I'm just getting it all setup now and all looking good so far.

I was trying to find these features. Are they hidden away somewhere I can't find?

1. Disable background on paperdoll.
    2. The distance counter that shows how far you are away from a selected target.
    3. Auto equip slayers.
    4. Spell names (so it says "greater heal" next to "In Mani".
    5. tactical map.

#41 DJAd, Nov 25, 2014
  42. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

Pinco, will you please add "Disable Vet Reward Gump" like you had in your old UI (or am I just not seeing it)? Actually a Toggle Action would be even better ...

43. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Bid of a strange one here. I get all my gameplay window setup but upon next login the frame is showing in the correct position but the graphics are outside of it. Kinda hard to explain so here is a screenshot:

[​IMG]

44. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

I had the too, but as soon as I clicked on the arrow on bottom right corner it snapped back correctly...

45. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

Tell me what feature you would like and I'll see what I can do :)

No toggle available for those yet.

not available yet.

Overhead text settings.

Use the green button on the map

yes, I will add it in the future, I was just hoping the devs decided to listen my suggestion and move the veteran reward from auto-popup on login to a context menu action so that you can open it when you need it :/

MalagAste and DJAd like this.
  46. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

By the way it's great so far for a beta :)

47. Hardy

Hardy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

48. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

yes, I've just received an email with the same warning... I'm uploading the file elsewhere and will be available shortly :p

49. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

A way to snoop a player without having to open their paper doll...la

50. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Is it possible to assign a hotkey to get the larger map or is the only way clicking the green button?