1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pirate Quest Won't Give Reward to Party Member?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by MYUO, Feb 22, 2012.

1. MYUO

MYUO Guest

The pirate quest used to give reward to party member who helped killing the pirates, now my friend and I can only get one reward one at a time when we work on the quest together. It doesn't matter who did the most damage, only the one who ties up the pirate got the reward. Can anyone point out what I am missing? Thanks!

2. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Is it based on how much damage each party member does? I'm not sure how it works, but just today I partied up with a friend on his ship and we captured a pirate. When we went to turn him in, we each received half of the gold and another item (I got one part of the orc ship plans).

3. MYUO

MYUO Guest

I thought it was based on damage as well. But we have tested a couple of times take turns to use the rope to capture. Each time the one who use the rope get the reward but not the other one. We are all tamers and did not change our pets (greater dragon and rune beetle/mare) so the damage was consistent. Not sure if it matters who fires the cannon.

4. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I have done this quest soooo many times. I can say without a doubt that damage has nothing to do with getting a quest reward. I have had a character in party stay hidden in the back of the boat for the entire fight and still get orc plans, special cannon ball, etc.

On occasion, one of the party members will not receive anything. I think it is a random bug, as I have tried to replicate actions on quests where I did not receive a reward. No consistent results to report there.

5. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

It certainly does sound random, then. I've experienced both situations in past hunts... sometimes receive part of the reward, sometimes not.

6. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

If party members use pets to complete this quest, are there any noticeable differences in who gets rewards based on whether or not a pet is guarding its owner while it causes damage?

7. Bleak

Bleak UO Software Engineer
    VIP Stratics Veteran

If your party members are out of range when capturing a pirate they will not receive credit.

8. virtualhabitat

Stratics Veteran

So, if I have a character hidden in the back end of my orc ship and I capture the pirate in the back end of the pirate ship (the ships are my nose to his end) I get credit.

Sometimes however, I capture the pirate in the middle of the pirate ship and I don't get credit for the guy hidden in the back of my ship.

The range must be roughly the length of 1.5 orc ships -give or take a few tiles.

9. MYUO

MYUO Guest

Wow, get a dev reply! Happily surprised!
    Both my friend and I have always been on the pirate's ship to beat up the pirate and at the time of capture. We are normally within a few steps away. Based on our test, it doesn't matter how much damage each party does.

10. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Question: Are either of you recalling off to get the repair materials post-fight, or to take the loot ashore?

Leaving the same server as the pirate might be messing up the rights (as you and the pirate change servers together when you sail in).

On a couple occasions I've lost rights, and it's always been when I left the ships to go to a different subserver.

11. virtualhabitat

Stratics Veteran

Actually, I used to believe that might have something to do with it. For several months now, however, I have become more efficient in how I loot and fill my hold so I don't need to recall away before returning to complete the quest. I have received and not received credit under both circumstances.

Bleak's explanation really does make sense now that I think about it.

I believe I will try to determine exactly how many tiles are in the range of capture over the next several weeks.

12. MYUO

MYUO Guest

At the time a party member capture the pirate, all party members should receive a message saying something like they are qualified for a reward. If the party member didn't receive the message, he won't get reward no matter what. So server crossing is not an issue here. Rather, the system failed to recognize the party member at the time of capture.

13. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There was dev's post about exact radius to get right for reward. Its something close to 15-20 tiles from pirate.