1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pissing me off...

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by LordTesla, Sep 8, 2009.

1. LordTesla

LordTesla Visitor

Ok, so I have already lost my three race exchance tokens cause they are not blessed...

I can't get out of the newbie land...

Where is a soulforge...

Is there no help available?

Anyway, look forward to some help... I know the developers are still working hard... Keep up the good work.

Just let us out of the new lands so we can use Imbuing!

2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Pub 60 notes are up on uo.com

Link to a detailed "crossing the abyss" spoiler (for humans/elves) added to the FAQ sticky (you probably don't want to try going to other way on a new character)

The main soulforge is in the market area E/NE of where a gargoyle starts

Not knowing what to do doesn't come along every day, enjoy it while it lasts :)

3. LordTesla

LordTesla Visitor

You have a VERY good point, I was actually thankful of that aspect of it quite a bit.

4. LordTesla

LordTesla Visitor

Now, IS it possible to go the other way and get my noobie garg out into Luna or something?

5. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I haven't tried it myself since the servers came up, but yes there is a quest to go the other way (start at quest giver on the steps near the moongate who leads you to the Holy City to the south and pay close attention to what everyone says to find the semi-secret extra quest ... you don't actually need to do the lead-up quests, it's just more fun to discover it for yourself)

6. guum

guum Guest

The tokens aren't blessed? That's fairly ridiculous.

7. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

might be a bug, might be a hint that there's another way to get them? (I don't know, but it definitely is not what people naturally expect)

8. Some Canuck

Some Canuck Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

How and where did you get your tokens? I think i might have got screwed out'a mine.

9. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

When you got your upgrade code/new account code, you aslo got promotion codes.(You should) You need to use them ingame in help menu promotion coded to get the tokens ingame.

10. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If you ordered from uogamecodes, when you received the email with the upgrade codes, there should have also been a promo codes. I don't know if the eastore uses the same system. Can anyone confirm?

oops, I was too slow :)

11. Some Canuck

Some Canuck Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

That's what i was afraid of. Yea.. i never received any codes other then the upgrade.. those B!%#^#* found yet another way to screw me over. On the other hand.. after waiting 7 hours for the servers to come back online today, the upgrade did work just fine.. although i did have to try to buy the code 3 times before it worked. all things considered. UO's easiest and bug free..ish.. up grade ever. .. .. . yea.. go team.

12. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If you did not get any promo codes read this thread and do what Chrissay tells.http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1392204#post1392204

13. Some Canuck

Some Canuck Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Actually i had already done that before posting here only to see if i could speed things up. I naturally assumed that it couldn't be EA/UO screwing up, right? .. ahem.. right? it had to be me.

So i got home today and had a very nice e-mail waiting for me from an EA rep who will remain nameless to protect the .. the. yea.. i can't post here what i want to say. Anywho, with a very pleasant message linking me to the solution to all my apparent problems. I help listing entitled "What is a Promotional Token". Well, i'm not going to repeat here what my knee jerk response was, this is after all from time to time a family friendly message board. But please let me assure everyone that after more years then i care to admit playing UO, yes.. i do know what a promotional token is.

So now i'm sitting on the phone, on ignore i might add, that's right.. not hold.. ignore, with a rep from EA games who has gone off into the deep bowels of that mythical land of game codes or the broom closet on the second floor i don't care which to retrieve my pixel crack. i'll let you all know how it turns out.

Ok.. well.. that didn't work out as planned.. now i'm in a holding pattern waiting for another e-mail from EA support. I know this will all get sorted out *eventually* but.. wow.. just wow. go team.