1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Place Harpsicord on Carpet - How?

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by The Old Man, May 23, 2014.

1. The Old Man

The Old Man Journeyman
    Premium

Hi All
    I'm new to 'deco'. My limit currently is dumping something on the floor and locking it down!

Now I want to place a harpsicord on top of carpet tiles (from Laifem in Ter Mur)...It's not that simple is it :(

I guess it's going to involve Gozo mats...from what I've read here everything does!!

I did have a try, but it did'nt work out as intended and when I axed the Harpsicord...It Broke!! not at all what I was expecting :sad2:

Please - Nice simple step by step instructions, before I go and destroy another Harpsicord!! :sad3:

Thanks
    The Old Man

2. Katrena

Katrena Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi,

It is really easy and you will need a House Decorating Tool. Place the item, "Harpsicord", on the bare floor and lock or secure it down. Raise the item a little with a House Decorating Tool. Place your carpet and lock it down, then lower your item back down to the floor.

Katrena

3. The Old Man

The Old Man Journeyman
    Premium

Thank you for the thought Katrena, I should probably have mentioned that a harpsichord is a deeded item and unless I'm missing something cant be raised with a deco tool. :(
    Can it be done??

The Old Man

4. Katrena

Katrena Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Your right, I just tried it and it can not be raised. I have several different deeded items locked down and they all raise, so I figured a Harpsicord would raise also. Can you figure out which tile is the anchor point of the Harpsicord, and leave that one tile bare without it showing?

Katrena

5. The Old Man

The Old Man Journeyman
    Premium

Many thanks for checking that Katrena.
    It was supposed to be a Harpsichord stood in the middle of a rug :(
    I'll follow yr suggestion about finding the anchor point & seeing what I can stand in front to hide it...Maybe another pot plant!

Shame we have to jump through hoops to do something so simple. :sad3: The disadvantage of living with such old code & design.

Hopefully my next task of hanging a painting on the wall will be simpler :rolleyes:

Thanks Again
    The Old Man

6. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Set down Goza mats, raise them up, set carpet, lower the mats down, place harpsichord, remove gozas

7. The Old Man

The Old Man Journeyman
    Premium

Thank you Lord Lew, I'll give that a try :)

8. The Old Man

The Old Man Journeyman
    Premium

No suprise to you Lord Lew....It worked:)
    (Once I realised I needed to leave the Goza floating 1 above the carpet so it did'nt dissapearo_O)

Thank You
    The Old Man

9. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

YW, sorry I did not specify that, but yeah you have to see them in order to place something, Goza mats are the main tool in creative decoration!

Scribbles likes this.
  10. Evianne

Evianne Journeyman

Hm, am I missing something here? I've never had a problem placing something deeded on top of the Ter Mur carpets. I do it all the time with beds, harpsichords, tables, etc without using gozas. I just place 'em on there as if it were a normal floor. Only thing I could think of was that maybe one of the carpet tiles wasn't locked down properly.
    Sorry I know the OP already has a solution, but now I am confused and curious :)

11. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I've had problems with carpets, mostly in my older homes

12. Evianne

Evianne Journeyman

I usually redo my (custom) house from the ground up every 4-5 months-ish. So having the issue in older houses could be the thing, or maybe in a non custom home (castle, villa, etc). Or I just haven't encountered the problem.......yet, hehe. Just thought it was odd, never heard of that happening before.

13. The Old Man

The Old Man Journeyman
    Premium

The problem was in a Castle. Not yet tried any other deeded items, so it may just be Harpsicord.

The old Man

14. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Place your carpet, and use goza mats square goza (east) this mat will stay above the carpet. Use the black dye tub to color the cloth this way you just leave the goza mats in place. Now place as many goza mats you need to put the harpsicord up. once you have that done raise each mat up twice, and place harpsicord.