1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Placing not-for-sale books on vendors?

Discussion in 'UO Trader's Hall' started by Nine Dark Moons, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hi, someone must know this and can please help me! :)

Prior to the new chat system being implemented, I used to be able to place books on my vendors for the purpose of sharing my ICQ# or advertising services (such as imbuing, etc.). I used to be able to drop the book on the vendor, and then type in (without the quotes):

", I can be reached at..."

or something to that effect. the comma in the beginning allowed me to place the item with a description but making it not for sale. Now when I try to do that, the "," at the beginning causes the [CHAT:] prompt to come up and I can't go any further. But I have seen books on vendors like at the ongoing GL rares fest so I know it can still be done.

Please help!!!

2. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Just put a space (using spacebar) before you start writing instead of a , :)

3. Nine Dark Moons

Stratics Veteran

OMG... HA HA HA!!! *feels dumb*

4. Ken of Napa

Stratics Veteran

It works equally as well, not putting anything but your commentairy. If you don't start your discription with a number, it will place the book as not for sale. ;)

5. Nine Dark Moons

Stratics Veteran

jeesh - didn't know that either! been doing it so long with a "," at the beginning i was totally stymied over the weekend when that wasn't working... LOL! thanks so much guys for your answers :)

6. Lost-Soul

Lost-Soul Guest

Waits for the sentence to be finished. :)