1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

General Plain armour found in Shame after patch

Discussion in 'Fixed List' started by BeaIank, Apr 12, 2013.

1. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

huhloot.png http://stratics.com/community/attachments/huhloot-png.13770/?temp_hash=78bfde3083a7e47eb4f022763f506ea0

Yesterday, hunting clay golems at Shame (legends shard), I found this piece among their loot.
    As the image shows, the resists are the platemail chest base, and it has no other modifier, yet it is marked as minor magic item.
    I was running EC and the latest Pinco UI.
    I had just patched, and before that, I have never run into this problem.

#1 BeaIank, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

This sounds like an issue where the system is still trying to generate "mage armor"

There was an issue where the game would generate (and then drop) Mage Armor on leather pieces, causing runic and loot items to lose properties. They eventually fixed it for runics, but as of a few months ago, you could still find 0-property leather items as loot in T-chests, SOS chests, and creatures that were supposed to have only magical loot. This issue appears to be that one recurring now for the non-med armor, now that mage armor is no longer a runic/loot property but something toggled.

3. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

It might be, but Legends is still pub 80, so Mage armor would still be a valid imbuing property.

4. Misk

Misk UO QA Lead
    VIP

[quote="BeaIank, post: 2262198, member: 162953Yesterday, hunting clay golems at Shame (legends shard), I found this piece among their loot.[/quote]

This issue was resolved prior to Publish 81 and should not be occurring any longer.

BeaIank likes this.