1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Planesword and Planeshield question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

What are they good for? I know they cannot be enhaced and I am really confused as to why they are so many as loot off the angel like monsters, I grab a few with the idea of maybe enhacing them, but they will not and I can't seem to see where they are good for?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I think there's to be a turn in, don't know what for.

3. mbecker4

mbecker4 Guest

I've gotten a few of the swords but have yet to receive one of the shields. Do they spawn on the same fallen warriors that have the plainswords on them?

4. Nobody knows what they are good for, or if they will be valuable one day. As they are pretty easy to get, I doubt that they will be worth millions. Right now they are just regular weapons with no special properties; every gm-made item is better.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Maybe they're just a PLAIN sword and PLAIN shield?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I've gotten a few of the swords but have yet to receive one of the shields. Do they spawn on the same fallen warriors that have the plainswords on them?

[/ QUOTE ]yes

7. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe they're just a PLAIN sword and PLAIN shield?

[/ QUOTE ]

That made me laugh out loud cus I thought the same thing.

PLANE as in...other worldly plane....you know? OR PLAIN...

Heck I've been using the sword and shield to fight with, don't do alot of damage but what the heck?

Stupid event anyway....endless wisp, fallen warriors, fetid essances.....it's just non-stop.....lame lame lame....

*adds another straw*

8. utilitron

utilitron Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What are they good for? I know they cannot be enhaced and I am really confused as to why they are so many as loot off the angel like monsters, I grab a few with the idea of maybe enhacing them, but they will not and I can't seem to see where they are good for?

[/ QUOTE ]
    I think there's to be a turn in, don't know what for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does every item have to be an UBER item, or if its not, be a turn in for one!

UBER Event Items shouldn't always be the reason to play. It causes greed, and ruins the fun for alot of us. Just look at the cloak situation...

I liked the mythic weapon concept... they were there to help with the advancement of the event, instead of being a trophy.

9. Kayne

Kayne Guest

i with utilitron on this one, the game shouldnt be about the items. I want to play this event for the fun and general community spirit that usually comes with being in the same space as lots of players all needing help. I dont usually end up with the items and it doesnt bother me as long as i had fun. (i still want a crimson cincture from meli however :p )

10. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

I tried smelting a shield and a sword.

It says: You cannot work this strange and unusual metal.

Im only a 101 smith.

There must be something to do with them????????????

11. Hooli Gan

Hooli Gan Guest

Any one tried hitting a shadowlord with it? Risky buisness I know but im wondering out loud? Would make semse if it worked on them since they are dropping like flies on corpses.

I tried it on everything else in there to no effect and am eagerly waiting to tap it upside a shadowlords head to see whats up.Hopefully it wont be the overly non aniticipated OOooOOOooOO .

In Ethereal form +Ethereal plane+Plane sword+Ethereal shadowlord= hrrmmmm?

12. Karthcove

Karthcove Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I tried smelting a shield and a sword.

It says: You cannot work this strange and unusual metal.

Im only a 101 smith.

There must be something to do with them????????????

[/ QUOTE ]

Its your mining skill that allows you to smelt.

13. <blockquote><hr>

Any one tried hitting a shadowlord with it? Risky buisness I know but im wondering out loud? Would make semse if it worked on them since they are dropping like flies on corpses.

I tried it on everything else in there to no effect and am eagerly waiting to tap it upside a shadowlords head to see whats up.Hopefully it wont be the overly non aniticipated OOooOOOooOO .

In Ethereal form +Ethereal plane+Plane sword+Ethereal shadowlord= hrrmmmm?

[/ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG] finished my warrior out in a full virtue armor set, equiped a Planesword and Planeshield ... and did just that ...
    *bonk* ....[​IMG] maybe saw a tick go off his health bar ...
    toggeled both "specials" (Armor ignore, Concussion blow)
    *tink* ... *tink*
    ....[​IMG] maybe saw a tick go off his health bar
    Narrowed my eyes ...
    Drew in a deep breath
    (*from the diaphram so it would carry*) ... shouted

"VAS KAL AN MANI IN CORP HUR TYM"
    [​IMG]
    "THAT" got his attention ...

(reports of it NOT being effective today though)

*shrugs*

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Just a thought or guess, but it could be possible that the plane sword and shield are permant additions to the game. Kinda like tribal spears? No one really knows for sure what the turn in or exchange items are yet.

15. Hawthorne

Hawthorne Guest

Personally I like the devs to put lesser value items like these swords / shields out during events - I've never been one of those players who seems to always get the "uber" item each event cycle so even getting a "plain" sword, etc... makes me feel like I got something for participating.

16. Hawthorne

Hawthorne Guest

... and even better if there is a turn in at the end. That's why I'm making sure to stock up for the next two weeks.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm with you, Hawthorne! *smiles*

I like the Swords and Shields...they are even my favorite color! I like the fact that there is some items that *everyone* has a chance to get for participating.

18. Considering the sheer numbers of the things and their regularity in spawning, I'ma guess they are for turn in later, for cool stuff. They did mention something to this effect earlier, although it didn't call the planethings by name.

We'll see. I collected a bunch, might go back for more.