1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Plans/ideas for next dungeon revamp?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by sibble, Oct 10, 2013.

1. sibble

sibble Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 151

Just thought I'd like to throw this in before next dungeon is revamped, but IMO we could use another dungeon like Shame. Closest thing we have to it is Covetous level 3-5 and still that's a bit different. Some people I've spoken with don't like the changes to Despise, I do think it was a neat idea. I think it kinda changed the entire dungeon into a single encounter though... I'd LOVE to see Deceit revamped, but just the monsters tougher, just like Shame revamp. :)

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Id be happy to see the new loot system rolled out to more places. They should even use it for treasure maps and chests from fishing.

3. sibble

sibble Lore Master

I'm not quite sure why the new loot system hasn't been implemented everywhere. Haven't we tested it enough?

4. yars

yars Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

destard next,with new tameables

5. Rumpus

Rumpus Visitor

Pretty sure the last timetable they released had zero to say about further revamps. The great dungeon overhaul is apparently over, halfway through.

They had two months to waste on Refinement though. Time well spent, what a hit.

6. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

Shame in my opinion is the best designed dungeon in the game. The dungeon monsters get harder as you go down in levels and the monsters have a coordinated theme - elementals. I think the Wisp dungeon is a close second, but it doesn't have the same cohesive feeling.

7. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Not in the current line of revamps. I think Doom loop needs an update. No need for trying to find some new fair balanced artifacts list update. Just need armor and weapons with one unique random mod not on the runic/imbue list. One or two unique mod arty that are clean for Imbuer's to finnish. There is a long list of skills that don't show up on jewels or armor. Fluff the list with a buttload of one shot recipes for imbuing mods on caster books. Some new scrolls to drop in caster books. Like light and create food spellls that should of been in the paladin book from the start. Toss in one those 1 in 25k chance drop of an Greater White Wyrm trappped in a crystal to the Doom list. Makes no difference on how lame the rest of the list maybe thought of. Hardcore tamers will grind Doom to stand out from the herd. For the Orc RPers a new art for the Swampy of a Worg with smith crafted armor options also. As another rare crystal trapped critter drop. Add in a few more rooms to the loop. One with a paragon blackrock infested Butcher might be fun. Add to the beach on both sides of the Doom Bell a pier like the one at Buc's Den.(just need more ways to dungeon fish and trap at the same time) New Dungeon Deep Serpent that can keep the fishers on their toes.

#7 Warpig Inc, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    The Zog historian likes this.
  8. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

+1 for this - :banana:

For new artifacts, I'd love to see drops that have only one over-cap property that we can imbue. I'm thinking jewelry and weapons, but it could work for armor too.

The Zog historian and Obsidian like this.
  9. Ashlynn_L

Ashlynn_L Lore Master

I have it on good authority that the Orc Cave is being changed next. The orcs there will be killed off and in their place will be a tribe of sentient mushroom people that come in several varieties from Myconid Worker to Myconid Spore Mage. And at the very bottom will be a boss encounter with the Myconid Queen.

There will be lots of new items that include a new hat (with new artwork) which is basically a wearable mushroom cap, and a Myconid Spore Staff that has charges and a unique poisony AoE spell. There will be a host of new little mushrooms you can find that can be used to make some new potions (including a hallucinogenic one that makes your screen go all weird colours and such), and some new chef recipes like mushroom pie, mushroom pizza, and so on.

There will be a truffle hunting quest added but before you can complete it, you need a truffle hunting pig or dog which a tamer has to train up from a normal dog. Truffles will come in a variety of types, some common, some rare. Some of these will also be ingredients in other things. The rare valorite-infused truffle will be the only way to imbue the myconid slayer property for instance.

And finally there will be some love for gardeners who will now be able to grow and farm mushrooms. One of the rare drops from the Myconid Queen will be a special spore/mycelium which you can plant and it will eventually grow to be a little loyal myconid pet.

It's going to be awesome.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  10. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

EverQuest?

11. Ashlynn_L

Ashlynn_L Lore Master

Not sure what Everquest has to do with anything.

12. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Update doom and use the faction arties as the new loot along with the same loot in shame and cove

13. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

EverQuest has myconid spore king, myconid warriors, myconid reavers, adepts and priests. I don't play the game, so that's all I know.

14. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

The faction arties might make sense and be nice rewards. Just don't tie them to factions or make them ephemeral!

Winker likes this.
  15. Ashlynn_L

Ashlynn_L Lore Master

It's a pretty common name for a mushroom person so it shows up in quite a few different games.

16. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

no not tied to factions but as a new drop, just to upgrade the doom arties to the ones that were in factions. If they were good enough for factions they are good enough for a new loot system in Doom

17. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Agree and for Grave Yards and other Fel/Tram overland's spawn.

DJAd likes this.
  18. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I look forward to the next revamp wherever it may be. I would also like to suggest rolling out the new loot system throughout Ilshenar on all shards. I would also like to see the gauntlet revamped with buffed bosses and new artifacts.

DJAd likes this.
  19. Endal

Endal Journeyman

C'mon killer bunnies that are 1/4 the height of things that we fight... let's get rid of the GDs!

20. Endal

Endal Journeyman

My thoughts on the dungeon revamp is to go through each of them and build a storyline behind the dungeons. Don't just have it be about which side you're going to fight on with Despise, but work to mend the rift between the two brothers, let's get some REASON behind these dungeons, not just cool hunting grounds.

Oh, and completely rebuild the New Haven Mine. I know it's new and all, but the design is.. uhh.. it's not good. Again, let's get some storyline into that place!

21. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I hear doom/mondain bosses are being redone O wait that should have been 10 years ago just after they finished the virtues :dunce:

Lord Frodo likes this.
  22. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Just these two would make me quite happy.

Lord Frodo and Sauteed Onion like this.
  23. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

I personaly think Khaldun needs to be changed up some :)

24. sibble

sibble Lore Master

Shame loot, +1 for Tmap hunters, they need it big time