1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Plant Stands/ barrels

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Patty Pickaxe, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Does anyone know where I can get the barrel that is in the second picture? I think the new foxglove plants would look really nice on a barrel like that, but I have no idea where to get one. Help!

2. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

That looks like a tall barrel to me. Back when I used to barrel the crap outta idocs I would hit wbb, run down to that tavern to buy up a bunch of water pitchers, then head 2 (maybe 3?) buildings to the east. Bucha barrels there. Put water in barrel, take water out, and now you can grab the barrel.

There are also half barrels at the west brit stables.

3. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thanks Sarsmi! I will try that. Also, I am going to try to get a couple of the daily rare ones that spawn in Deceit. Petra was kind enough to donate a tall barrel and an empty tub.

Take a look at this:
    [​IMG]

The plant of the left is on the small "empty tub". The plant on the right is on an open-top tall barrel. I think I like the look of hte tall barrel better. What do you guys think?

4. Calla Lily

Calla Lily Guest

You can get the tall barrels and small barrels from gypsy and brigand camps. When they spawn with their treasure chest, sometimes a barrel spawns with them. You can just pick the barrels up. Get someone to unlock it and untrap it, and you'll be able to get at the stuff inside. The little island attached to Trinsic is a good place to get the barrels.

5. Lady Vivian

Lady Vivian Guest

Another idea for plant stands is to stack 2 or 3 dragon scales on top of each other and then raise your plant to the top of the pile. This also gives an additional option of colored "plant pots" depending on the color of the scales used.

I am sorry but I don't know how to take screen shots and post them or I would do so.

6. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I like the small tub, maybe lower the foxglove one step? :)

7. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

I like the small one.

8. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I like both. Very cute and it does work well!

9. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

translation: Petra freed up 2 lock downs in her chateau giving away 2 items of decor she wasn't using.

and stole 2 lockdowns at Patty's house.

Never friend me to your house, I'm a dreadful thief, I steal lockdowns all over the place.

10. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

Patty,

For the plant stands, since open top barrels are what is needed, I just go to Trinsic barrier island and nab gypsy/brigand barrels there (always several camps spawning at any given time and your intrepid crafter can get the brigands guardwhacked :p) but you need close to GM lockpicking to do that from what I recall.

Also, by way of possible safety tip, there used to be a weird bug that sometimes made the barrels despawn with the camp even though they were in your pack, so I generally gate to a different subserver and drop off the barrels after I get them. Not sure if the bug is still around, I just do that out of habit to make sure.

-Skylark

11. Sharantyr

Sharantyr Guest

[​IMG]

Dye tubs work with some plants too.

12. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend

one of the nice features about using a dye tub is that the band around the tub takes the color of the dye it holds..... it's not all that noticeable, but can match the decor of the area

13. Zynia

Zynia Lore Master

Or look like soil underneath like it's really planted. lol.

14. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Its still around happen to me aweek ago

15. Tiny Dancer

Tiny Dancer Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

You can get the tall and the short tubs in stables! The one I always use is the stables on the way to the moongate. Right over the main bridge. Take a couple empty pitchers and just fill the pitcher with the barrel and then you can pick it up! The short ones are generally in the stalls and the tall ones are right outside the door. Happy barrel hunting!

16. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

really nice shot Sharantyr.

17. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

Would love to see full shots of Sharantyr's house. (And maybe borrow some ideas). :eek::D