1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Play with Words of power showing? (UOA)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Kotan, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Most screen shots I see usually don't have the words of power listed with the spell.

What are the reasons people rather not use them?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I use them.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I use them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

4. Masumatek

Masumatek Guest

Most screen shots I see have them. However I don't use them. I never have. Having played without uoa the majority of my years in UO, I learned what words matched which spell so I don't need a translation popping up.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I've played this game so long I know what each spell is &gt;.&gt;
    So I don't use them.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I dont even notice....................................unless im gettin casted on

7. The main reason I don't use them is because its more text to clutter the screen.
    I know what most of the spells are and enjoy the more cryptic days of UO. Having everything spelled out for me just seems to ruin some of the fun.

8. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

A long time ago sneaky mages would set macros to say other spells along side of the spell they were casting. Using this feature in UOA would confirm the actual spell being cast upon you. Very helpful for when magic reflect actually worked and someone would cast that mid fight upon themself.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I use them.

[/ QUOTE ]me to

10. I don't use them due to role playing.