1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Player Named Jack O' Lanterns on Gen Chat

Discussion in 'UHall' started by SashaSeeks, Oct 29, 2010.

1. SashaSeeks

SashaSeeks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    People are using general chat to announce jack o' lanterns found with players name on them. So if your charector has been on you might want to scan general chat, if you would like your Jack O'. This has been the trend on Pac shard anyhow. Also they are dropping off tons of pumpkins and sometimes Jack O's at Brit moongate, so don't forget to check there too.
  2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2003
    Aye we have been doing the same on Drachenfels. :)
  3. MonkeyDLuffy

MonkeyDLuffy Guest

Thank you for the info, i will turn on my general chat on pac.. I was looking for char name jack o'lanterns for my main character using a mole with packy... I didn't know i need to logon the character which i am interest in. no wonder i couldn't find any...
  4. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 28, 2000
    And if someone's light up jackolantern appears is someone any one us knows, we can also slap their named Jackolanterns in their mailboxes if they have mailboxes to put em into.

That is what we are doing on Siege too and or giving at least the first one we see to ...the person said jackolanterns may be named after or just give it to em when we see them. . that way if we do miss our own jackolantern named after us spawning we may still get it, from some one else and we may have or find theirs...nice community mooded trades that way to get at least one of the named jackolanterns to said named persons. . in case maybe only one spawns for any of our names.
  5. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I think they got the names from a few days ago, rt when I
    gave it all up for a sacrifice gain - got mine, but it doesn't have glorious, which i got back the next day, bah
  6. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 26, 2004
    Keep checking for others... I've seen some with, and without, all sorts of things like fame/karma level, skill title, guild abbreviation. It's not linked to what you display on your character either, have plenty of the same character's ones with and without those details.
  7. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    There's several different variations to the names, which can lead to thinking that the name list is old, when it's actually just current and VERY dynamic:

First part:

a. Just the name
    b. the name with Lord/Lady (if you've currently got it)
    c. Your name with the full reputation title

Second part (it can be any of these, regardless of which ones you have displayed):
    d. no second part
    e. Your guild abbreviation
    f. Your Champ title
    g. Your mouse-over overhead profession title
    h. Your paperdoll's profession title
    i-k. = e, plus f, g or h.

I've seen just about every combination of a, b or c, combined with one of d-k, on the small and large pumpkins, and 3 or 4 of the same combos on the jack o lanterns. I've not (yet, at least) seen any with Guild titles on them.

They appear only spawn with your name while the character is LOGGED IN, though you might already be logged out by the time your jack o lantern is discovered. For a while on LA last night, we were getting worried, as initially 90% of the pumpkins in Trammel were from PvP guilds - then we realized there must have been something going on with them in Fel, so their numbers were inflated.