1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Player Perspectives: Mentoring is Motivation

Discussion in 'GW2 General Discussions' started by Zosimus, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jul 3, 2004
    MMORPG has this great article, Player Perspectives: Mentoring is Motivation by Isabelle Parsley . Very well put and makes many good points.

After reading the whole article and it rings so true in many ways. Many games I have played and made many friends. If I am power gaming and they are not on like I was then eventually I am at a way higher level then those freinds are. I really didn't get to know the 'new friends' that much and had to make 'newer friends' at the new levels I had achieved.

If I don't power game then the friends I made that I enjoyed playing with and even guilded with are messaging me "why you no be where we are?" Then I am playing catch up and may be missing content in the game just to play with others I enjoyed.

This article touches upon this issue and many more but Guild Wars 2 has tackled this issue among gamers. With the sidekicking and actually going back to enjoy content we may have missed is a big thing to me. I want to enjoy all the game not bits and pieces. Guild Wars 2 will be that game for me.

Please check out the Mentoring is Motivation - Player Perspectives at MMORPG.com

Guild Wars 2 Stratics staff would like to thank mmorpg.com and Isabelle Parsley for having this great article.

For the click link impaired:

Player Perspectives: Mentoring is Motivation

One of the biggest complaints about MMOs today is that we are always seemingly on the fast track to the endgame. But once there, then what? In today's Player Perspectives we offer you the powerful motivating factor that mentoring other lower-level players can bring to players after all of their guildies are off to other games or just aren't around as much. See if you agree and then weigh in with your comments.

Column By Isabelle Parsley on February 10, 2012