1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Player Run Events!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by YuriGaDaisukiDa, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Since EA seems to fail at frequent interesting events that involve the entire shard, i think players should start hosting some. Im not talking about just things like actions and group spawns.

Im talking about things that are bigger and more thought out.

Im still young to siege and dont have much to give, but i was thinking about doing one myself later.

Here was the idea. I would get some treasure boxes and put gold in them, (about 500+thousand) and than some things like rares and artifacts.

I would hide the box in a deep dark dungeon and leave clues around. Than i would leace books and post here with something like
    "yaar, ive burried my treasure i hope no one finds the clues i left behind the stalagmite in despise!"

maybe a group of pk's can dress up like savages and capture a princess or something!
  2. BTW my favorite part about UO is it is the only game that can have events such as these so it would be cool if our player base utalized that benifit!
  3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Dread Lord

May 12, 2008
    I am efforting that. Tonight's gathering is simply that. I hope to get back in the swing of things.
  4. archite666

archite666 Guest

I wont be attending tonight im afraid, been up since yesterday morning...going to bed now, give my best.
  5. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 13, 2007
    These people dont seem interested in fun events! :spider:

I planned a scavenger hunt, and didnt get a single reply of interest.

I made several treasure chests, and have books in them with coordinates to the next chest, which has coordinates to the next chest... all to be figured with the sextant ( no UO Assit... that is for cheaters ).

My vendor would have 10 unique books that go to 10 unique locations, then the book in those would point to other chests, but not unique, so you'd have to be quick, lest someone else who is also going to the same chest gets there first ( bloodshed is certain ). All the chests would eventaully point to the one winning chest, which has a book in it with the unique winning code in it. Return the book to me and claim the prize.

( I wouldnt place the prize in the chest directly, as there is a chance that nobody would find it in time, and the chest expires and disappears )

I was going to set the books at 30,000 gold each, which would have net me 300,000 gold for the cost of the prize, and nobody would be out more than 30k for a nice cursed Orny.

Now my house is full on storage limit, and I may just toss it all in the trash to free up 150 lock downs.

Good luck hosting an event here! :sleep2:
  6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Dread Lord

May 12, 2008
  7. *misses the days when i couldnt even go to brit because so many people where on that my computer froze*

8. MaceAho

MaceAho Guest

we all do brotha...
  9. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 28, 2000
    And I think we need to begin again with events starting small. . to get into the mode again of even having anything.

I would like to see someone them whom fight or have the templates for it...to host bi monthly fight nights again..open to all, two in the pit fighting to the death...repeats ie the victor takes on the next opponent till..they die or the new challenger dies or till they tired etc. like this shard has had before. It should NOT matter whom hosts it..so long as it is public for spectators all to come watch those whom do pvp in the fight pit fighting. Those were enjoyable whether they were hosted by KSS TNT Shire or whomevers or the tourneys that were held like Memmers or way back to the duels in the Rev arena etc. when Pyrmal was here.

I don't pvp nor any of that but I always enjoy watchin them that can ..in a fight pit one on one kinda fight for fun ...cuz the pit IS different than out there in the field. Most folks enjoyed attending those no matter whom hosted those fight nights. It is hard to do them weekly..but monthly would be a good small start IF someone would committ to those again. . as a player run event here.

And yeh..just social gatherings...at some tavern or pub..for stories or just chess matches or darts on a mongbat...just some set place per week or bi monthly to..gather..as players here ..also helps to SEE FOLKS unstealthing somewhere just hangin out. :)

small baby steps ...cuz we did HAVE player run events here and most folks attended ..one way or another. :) WE need that sort of sense of community again here...a gathering waterhole be it tavern nights..or and or fight nights. SOMETHING ! Sheesh !
  10. Nickster

Nickster Guest

I would come!

sounds good, may be worth starting a tad smaller though...
    Just my opinion though :)