1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Player Vendor Fees

Discussion in 'UHall' started by KnowYourEnemy, Aug 21, 2008.

1. I notice there are players who stock their vendors up with items that sell for over 200mil. How are they able to pay the daily vendor fees? It is one thing if the items sell but they never move. I'm pretty sure of that because they are uniquely crafted weapons and monster spawned jewelry not artifacts or resources. I've seen the same weapons and jewelry on one vendor for months now.
  2. Cyrah

Cyrah Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    I have seen the same thing and also wondered how they pull this off.
  3. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 31, 2005
    Last I remember, these guys would have to log on daily, and remove items from vendor, then restock.

Not much of a game when you have to do that daily, is it? But, to each his own....we do have pixel junkies out there, where UO is more than a game, it's a way of life.:coco:

4. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

May 16, 2008
    I believe they time the vendors, and remove items at that time, and place them back - before the charge. They should deplete gold every 30 minutes - That would be a fix.
  5. Isn't that exploiting game mechanics?
  6. RenaLynne

RenaLynne Guest

There are also a few(very few) players that are so filthy rich that crazy vendor fees are of no consequence. Check out Victorias Secret's mall in Luna on LS if you ever get a chance. Stuff is double, sometimes triple normal price, nothing ever sells, to my best knowledge, its not restocked very often either.

7. is this illegal? if not, how long is the timer? I just bought a house in trammel and would like to place some vendors. never could do so with a house in felucca.
  8. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

They cheat...
  9. Pawl

Pawl Guest

Try, just try putting alot of very high price items on a vendor, and alot of items... then your'll see.

tried it, never cost a dime, over loaded i guess the stupid ai mind and he coun't figure out how much he should get paided... also use UO vendor to have everything priced and set, then upload to vendor blows there mind!!