1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Playing and then, internal exception occurred?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Diomedes Artega, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hi I have a question. Not sure if anyone can answer, but here goes. I have been having no trouble playing at all until today. I went to log in and received an internal exception occurred 0x5415e70 error.

I tried looking on the internet for some information about this, but could not find anything close as far as what happened to me. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Just curious.

2. jkoster

jkoster Guest

I can't say I've had this happen, at least as far as I can remember.

Good luck!

3. Diomedes Artega

Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the response. I figured out it was due to the game not being able to bypass the firewall. I set the game and everything showed to on NC Soft's website to setup exceptions so the game can access everything it needs to. However, the game still wouldn't work properly so I just had to disable the antivirus and firewall.

Is there a recommended antivirus that I should be using for ease of use with Lineage II?

4. jkoster

jkoster Guest

I use CA Anti-Virus 2009 personally, and it's given me no problems.

I'm using a Linksys hardware firewall with exceptions for L2, in addition to a software firewall I'll choose not to name at this point in time.

5. Diomedes Artega

Stratics Veteran

That's interesting because I switched to CA Anti-Virus since my last anti-virus program was expiring and I chose not to renew it.

So do I just have to provide an exception for L2? I followed what the other information on NC Soft website had said as well, because I received a gameguard 114 error.

I already had a firewall, but the anti-virus installed a firewall when it downloaded. Do I just choose not to install the virus through the custom options? I was thinking about doing that after the fact...

Not sure if that would of mattered. Hmmmm.

6. jkoster

jkoster Guest

I set my whole Lineage 2 file to an exception status. I have to manually go in and scan it, and then let Gameguard repopulate, as much as I hage GameGuard.

As for the firewall... good luck!

7. Diomedes Artega

Stratics Veteran

Yep, thanks a lot. I just used a separate firewall and did everything else you suggested. Works fine now! :D