1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Playing UO on a Mac in Parallels

Discussion in 'UHall' started by demonlawyer, Feb 3, 2013.

1. demonlawyer

demonlawyer Visitor

Does anyone else play UO on a Mac and on Parallels?

I'm playing Parallels 8 and can run it fine in 'isolate mac from windows' mode, but wonder whether I can run it in coherence mode? Anyone been able to do this and if so how? Thanks

2. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I don't know anything about parallels, but I run UO on mac through wine. And I can run it in a window along side other mac applications without issue.

3. DerekL

DerekL Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

4. demonlawyer

demonlawyer Visitor

Yeah I used to run it just fine in Crossover, but I've had to buy Parallels for some software for the wife, and Parallels and Crossover don't quite sit side by side too well. I also noticed in Crossover that deep sea tiles never used to show up - always black - where in parallels using isolate windows from mac mode they could be seen, so I'd like to stick with just one Windows emulator if I can, but that might not be possible!

5. EricVT

EricVT Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I could never get it to work that well in coherence mode, but it's been so long since I tried that I can't remember what was going wrong lol.