1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pleasant surprise from billing

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lady Storm, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

A few days ago I got an odd e mail from EA that one of my accounts had run out of time and the CC was denied... odd I know cause its on auto renew.... but things happen so I figured np... Ill fix it later this week when i have time. (Been busy doing models for son - painting) But to my surprise I went ot do my e mails just a few minutes ago and got a new EA message. In short it said they had an error on their side and the account was now on and given 7 extra days added on and was now up and ready for me to play. They thanked me and apologized for the error.
    OK WHO PUT THE PROZAC IN THE CS KIBBLE????????

Raider Red, Sevin0oo0, Mirt and 4 others like this.
  2. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

This is wonderful and not given enough attention amidst all the posts when things go wrong.

Thanks for posting Lady storm :)

3. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

I am one for givieng credit where it is due. They caught their own mistake and fixed it without me asking for it. Cudo's to the CS person who caught it and did the repair!

4. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

Very cool. Any positive themed experience with CS is always good to pass along.

5. Jade of Sonoma

Jade of Sonoma Babbling Loonie

They must be on something!

My story is double-edged:

I RECEIVED TWO E-mails this month from Bioware Mythic: June 4 and June 20, 2012.

1. FIRST E-mail received:
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Bioware Mythic Received: 4 June 2012
    End of Subscription Notification

Your subscription for Bioware Mythic Ultima Online for Game Account *John Doe* has ended for the following reason:

• The credit card on file was declined.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

Excuse me for asking but :
    Why is BioWare Mythic trying to collect payment now, on an account closed months ago? :confused2:
    -- no a reply to my E-mail asking them WHY

2. SECOND E-mail received:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --
    Ultima Online Subscription Update E-mail Received: 20 June 2012
    An email was sent earlier in the week, stating that your Ultima Online account *Johnny Jones* was closed. We have added 7 days of playtime to your account and the error that caused this has been corrected. The affected account has been processed properly and reinstated in good standing.

Thank you for your patronage and our apologies for any inconvenience,

BioWare Mythic
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Excuse me for asking but:
    I did not receive an E-mail earlier in the week, stating that a different BUT ACTIVE account had been CLOSED.
    That account is ACTIVE and Auto-paid-monthly. WHY was it closed?

Perhaps they were confused by the letter I wrote about the other account that was closed?

CONFUSED? Who is more confused? Me or - - - ? :banana: Anyhow give credit where it is DUE. They are TRYING!

Note;
    *Closed Account renamed John Doe and
    *Active Account renamed Johnny Jones - for the purpose of this post.

6. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I also had a card declined on one account out of 4 they all have the same CC. I went in and activated the account, no such reward sent my way. But it did give me a brief moment of clarity since this account is mostly a house holder that if that house had dropped I was certain that was my last day in UO. The thought is still lingering, thanks for the wake up guys.

7. Jade of Sonoma

Yesterday a friend caught me on line to tell me that another friend had finally placed a Castle. But I learned that the castle in IDOC belonged to a very long time UO friend of mine - - a full Veteran of this game.

Today I contacted her and was astonished to learn that despite her efforts to communicate with BioWare Mystic and to keep her accounts active, somehow BioWare Mythic managed to cancel all her auto-paid accounts because of the cc denials. They refused to reinstate her accounts even though her cc was good and always had been. In a last ditch effort, she reactivated one of those accounts finally, only to discover everything she owned and had worked for since 1997 - gone! And thus she is gone forever from UO.

I am devastated by this news.

8. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Did she try to contact Mesanna? Our major Domo lady is very good at clocking the CS over the head and getting things fixed...... Perhaps she still should contact her... Billing droped the ball... anyother company would be bending over backwards and kissing the ground she walks on.... for their error. oh for those who keep up with players and game #'s I was watching my son in wow..... on many of the "high" shards...... lets just say reminded me alot of uo shards... barren of any real player base. I think Diablo 3 is sucking it dry......

Sevin0oo0 and Jade of Sonoma like this.
  9. Jade of Sonoma

Thanks again Lady Storm.

I sent her a message with a copy and paste of your message here and a ink to this thread. But after supporting UO for over 15 years with numerous accounts that were ALWAYS active and paid for - - one can understand how she must feel.

10. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Of Course! But it never hurts to contact the Surpreem Lady for a last ditch effort... 15 years is a long time to be here and then go poof....