1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Please allow crafting of slayer instruments

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Winter, May 9, 2014.

1. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

I don't craft instruments myself, but usually buy them from vendors or loot slayer instruments from corpses. If I understand this correctly players can craft exceptional instruments but cannot craft slayer instruments.

The problem here is that the Shame style loot will soon be spread across all of UO, both overland and in dungeons. The Shame loot does not include slayer instruments, and Bards will be left out of the loot unless we can either craft these instruments, or slayer instruments are added to the loot tables.

If I've got this wrong, please enlighten me. I use these frequently and don't want to lose them forever.

Ox AO and Obsidian like this.
  2. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Get yourself a set of tokuno flutes of renewal.. That should cover your'e superslayer need forever if u let them charge now and then.
    Bad idea to let people craft slayer instruments. Getting slayer instruments is fairly easy as it is..

Barry Gibb and Widow Maker like this.
  3. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Crafting them would be left as random just as it is with weapons and spellbooks. While asking don't forget to add Fey Slayer to the mix. I would put the new slayer edition in the hands of the Alky in the form of a Balm. The Slayer Balms could be added to the rare chance spawn with all the creatures that already have weak potions as loot. Slayer Balms could be more then just super slayers, but standard slayers also. Balms applied to weapons, spellbooks and instruments ("It rubs the lotion on it's Pet?"). The effect would be for a duration. And why not with how heavy potions are now.

Now that I think about it. I don't need another container of special holdings in my house.

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

This has been suggested before, or more accurately, the imbuing of instruments using the same ingredients as imbuing slayer properties on weapons.
    The fact that 'shame loot' doesn't include instruments has not escaped attention. I mentioned it to Kyronix myself. It has been taken into account.
    Also there is a fey slayer instrument available from clean up points, nature's tears.

Barry Gibb, Winter and Storm like this.
  5. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The number of charges on the slayer really match the cost?

6. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

I don't think you understand. You can't get slayer instruments in the new loot that is supposed to be implemented everywhere soon.

Thanks Petra for the information. I remember asking for it when Shame loot first came out.

Flutes of Renewal just don't work for extended play time. I can easily drain one in an hour, depending on the spawn. They do renew charges of course, but not quickly enough for an active bard.

Barry Gibb likes this.
  7. Widow Maker

Widow Maker Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Farm the scorp boss. Tons and tons of slayer instruments... much more than you will ever be able to use.

8. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Would be nice to be able to enchant GM made instruments to add a slayer property, and it could give use to some of the current loot drops... 5 fey wings enchants an instrument as a fey slayer would be an example.

9. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

Yes, that is one viable solution. Keep it simple, and there is already a system in place to handle to details.

I really don't care if the developers update the loot tables to include slayer instruments in the Shame loot, or if instruments are added to the crafting system, or even to NPC vendors. I can't see how any of that would cause an imbalance over the present system. Just so slayer instruments continue to be available to bards.

10. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Maby you're doing it wrong ? Use slayer instruments on the hard stuff...There really aren't any need for slayer instruments for the first 3 levels, if u do champ spawns.
    Guardians in the bone-room, does provide a nice source for slayer instruments...(i doubt they change their loot table..)

11. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

I think you need to read up on the proposed changes. The plan is to change the loot for all mobs to the Shame style loot, in dungeons and everywhere else. Currently, instruments and any kind don't spawn in the Shame loot. Once that happens slayer instruments won't spawn anywhere unless the developers make a change to add them.

This is most probably just an oversight and needs to be fixed - which I'm sure the developers are now aware of.

Widow Maker likes this.
  12. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

A link would have been nice :)