1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Please change the annoying seed retrieval from the seedbox 200+ seeds

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DifferenceDifference, Oct 12, 2015.

1. DifferenceDifference

Dear developers!

The seed box is simplistic, ok. It gets the job done.

BUT !!

But I don't understand why 200+ seeds can't be retrieved all at a time - instead we have to click them one by one! It is SOOO ANNOYING!
    If you have 400 seeds of one kind... you have to remove 200 seed by seed before you can remove the remaining 200 in one click of a mouse button! Why in the world? If you think it's a bad idea to retrieve 200 or more seeds at a time, then PLEASE add a button "retrieve 100".

This game doesn't deserve to be that cumbersome. You have the power to make the game more playable. Please work on the tedious details that lead to annoyances.

Kind regards

DifferenceDifference

Edit: Added some text, trying to make it more clear.

#1 DifferenceDifference, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    Zynia, Kirthag, Dot_Warner and 4 others like this.
  2. Ellie

Ellie Seasoned Veteran
    Gilfane

I agree. If you want to clean out some of the seeds and cant hold all of one type you have to click, click, click, click until you get the number down that you can hold to dump what you want to get rid of. Give it a try and see how it works for you.

Kayhynn and DifferenceDifference like this.
  3. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

If we just could remove as much as our pack can hold, it would be nice.
    I really would like an option to remove x seeds, like when you on crafting menu can craft x items and type count of items you want to craft.

old gypsy, Elenni, Kayhynn and 2 others like this.
  4. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Agreed. Carpal tunnel is not fun and trying to get seeds out is very carpal tunnel inducing.

old gypsy, FrejaSP, MalagAste and 2 others like this.
  5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

So is turning wool into cloth.... honestly I don't understand why I can't get it to just do all at once.

6. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

At least you can make a macro for making clothes, at least with UO Assist

7. FrejaSP

If it just would stop closing down the gump each time you claim a seed, it would be easier to click several times

8. DifferenceDifference

Yes, but... I still prefer an additional button: "Retrieve 100 seeds".

old gypsy and Kayhynn like this.
  9. Elenni

Elenni Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator

I love, love, LOVE the seedbox...but yes, it has some clunky things.
    Agree with:
    1. Should be able to retrieve "xx" seeds (specify number)
    2. Gump should not close out when retrieving seeds​

Wishlist of things that would really make it even more useful/complete the concept:
    1. Gump should not jump back to first page of seedbox when adding seeds
    2. Ability to add a seed into a particular "empty" slot (instead of remove/add seeds before or after existing packet, then shift left/shift right to reorganize them)
    3. Ability to name "pages" of seeds so we can categorize and organize them: 1st Gen, 2nd Gen, Peculiar, Bonsai, Resource Bearing, etc.
    4. I still have seeds that are not stacking inside or outside the seed box, even though they ostensibly produce the same plant.​

The other thing I really want, which is not seedbox related and I know it won't be popular BUT...1st gen tribarrel cactus are nearly impossible to find, and afterward to use for producing later-generation plants with any consistency. Since they are baseline plants for producing the remaining regular plant varieties, the drops on these need to be significantly increased, and we need a fix for the cross-breeding bug we're seeing with them. If that can be done without losing the plain "cactus" seeds and color anomalies, so much the better. But ultimately I'd rather have consistency in the plant-breeding system than the "rare surprises," especially when we're talking 1st generation plants.

10. DifferenceDifference

Everything Elenni said.

But if the devs don't have time for everything... please add that "retrieve x seeds" or at least a "retrieve exactly 100 seeds".

I'm not familiar with illegal 3rd party software, but I guess we honest players are at a huge disadvantage with these kind of things, clicking mindlessly 400 times. That should be a good reason to add the "retrieve x/100" button! Please, I beg you! @Kyronix

Elenni likes this.
  11. Gamer_Goblin

Note: I agree with you.

Having said that... Just take them all out. Pull off what you want. And insert them back in where you want them. Shift seeds after to the left if you have them organized.

It's not THAT big of a deal.

12. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Well, having used seed boxes extensively in the past, I'm inclined to think it really can become a big deal. o.0

13. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

It is when it won't let you, I have 2316 bright orange poppy seeds, if I try to 'remove all' it says not enough room in your pack even with an empty pack. Poorly designed system. You either need to be able to remove a 'said' number like any other 'stack' or at least, as others have said, to remove 100. I didn't realise you could only take out one at a time until it became too late to actually remove the stack.

I guess to remove them I only have to click like 2100 times with the gump closing each time.

Fun........ NO

Poor design......... YES

Barok and DifferenceDifference like this.
  14. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

They should get rid of the clumsy interface and just let us access it like a normal container.

15. Gamer_Goblin

I'm a big planter myself and I don't see me needing over 300 of a single type of seed. Especially the resource ones that can just self pollinate as I use them. I keep 21 of all plants of all colors. I have my seedbox extremely organized by plant and each color. Never run into this problem as a big deal.

Overall, I agree though.

Tanivar and old gypsy like this.
  16. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah

I think you need to give classes on organization. That's just too, too logical! :blushing:

I always knew there had to be a reason why my old D&D characters tended to be Chaotic Good.

17. Gamer_Goblin

I have a spreadsheet. It's Open Office though and it won't let me attach. Never mind... tried it as a zip.

EDIT: The tab titled Seedbox shows my seedbox organization.

Attached Files:

Charisma and Elenni like this.
  18. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah

I will just have to visualize it. When I retired, I swore I'd never look at another spreadsheet again, and don't even have a program on this computer that can open one. :D

Gamer_Goblin likes this.
  19. Irulia Darkaith

I organize my seeds by type and colour. Meaning the first "page" of my seed box will have all my campion flowers , and I just follow the acronym for colours of the rainbow (ROYGBIV) to sort by colour (where I do red, bright red, orange, bright orange, yellow, bright yellow, etc..with the plain seed being last on a row by itself. Then I start the next row with the next plant type in the same colour order. That's pretty simple but I also have a spreadsheet to let me know what plant is on what page of the seed box. I also have vibrant plants of each type and colour (organized the same as above) but in several chests to use for cross pollination - each vibrant plant has seeds on it in case something happens to the seed box (I had an accident years ago where I lost all my plants and had to start over so I'm a bit paranoid now). As for odd plant colours and peculiar seeds - they have a seed box of their own.

Works for me

Gamer_Goblin likes this.
  20. FrejaSP

Maybe the most easy fix right now, would be to make seed weight 0.1 or even 0.01 stones, then you could drop 2000 or 20,000 seed, when you claim all

Gamer_Goblin and Barok like this.
  21. Elenni

Elenni Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator

I thought I was the only weirdo who makes spreadsheets to track my gaming stuff... o.0

Gamer_Goblin likes this.
  22. DifferenceDifference

I don't call you a weirdo. But I don't want to play Excel, I want to play games. Excel = anti-game. That's why I have no chance of crafting suits for my toons. :-(
    Luckily I don't need a proper suit to fill my garden beds.

23. Ellie

Ellie Seasoned Veteran
    Gilfane

The other problem with the seed box is, in your pack the seeds are stacked. When you drop one stack of seeds into the seed box they become single seeds. A stack of say 5 you drop in as one becomes 5 individual seeds when in the seed box and count as 5. You would have to take out how many seeds as your pack can hold not the whole bunch of one seed type. Its not the weight of the seeds, its the amount they are talking about as not being able to fit into your pack.

24. Gamer_Goblin

LOL We've talked about this before! OCDers united!

25. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Good post!

26. Gamer_Goblin

Borderline advertising here, but Open Office is free. :) It's pretty useful too. It's a transition if you're any good with spreadsheets, but it's not too bad. No ads either. They do take donations though, which I recommend for any program like that or Pincos.

old gypsy likes this.
  27. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

gets my vote!

Would be nice to get them out in bunches of 9 (large planter volume) or to choose the number of seeds to take out - the one-by-one clicky does give my hands a bit of grief.

28. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah

Someday perhaps. My younger daughter uses that program and really likes it. But she lives and works in another state and isn't around to nag me into giving it a try. :)

29. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

automated repetitve clicking - hmmm, wonder which program could do that ... hmmm - seedbox problem solved ... hehe

DifferenceDifference likes this.
  30. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

From your typing to the UO Gods ears n eyes!
    I have a large multi seed box collection..... its become if I have over a set amount in one I have to take them out and put in a regular ol box to keep them. The clicking is a pain in the wrist I cant handle.
    Now that being said and noted that I am not alone in this.......
    Asuming... that the dev are receptive of the complaint a few menu changes on the box would be helpfull.
    As the menu is good to a point, adding a line for an exact amount might be a better idea.
    Remove ....... seeds and have the box except a click and add in your own number.

31. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

... and remove the 5000 seed limit. 5000 divided by 300 is a mere 16 seeds, let us store at least 100 of each seed. It's silly having to have three chests of labeled packs to store seeds in because the seed box can't handle it.

32. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

To be more to the point have each type of seed count as 1 entry, not each seed individualy.
    In other words: you have 3000 bright green snake plant seeds = 1 count in the box.... this way all seeds can go in and will go further to keep gardeners happy.

33. DifferenceDifference

I couldn't agree more.

34. DifferenceDifference

That would be a very acceptable solution.