1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Please Devs fix the GMs!!!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jirel of Joiry, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Tonight I was vrebally harassed by another player. This player hurled the F-bomb at me 15 times. I did page a GM using the vebal harassment option.
    I got a message saying the GM couldn't help me with "MY HOUSING ISSUE"???? What are they smoking? What does housing have to do with harrasment?

Back six years ago My sister got a 72 hr vacation for dropping the f-bomb in game. Now apparently its okay? Since the ROC & TOS are no longer inforced may we Cheat, script and use illegal 3rd party programs too? Why not? No seems to be inforcing The rules anymore. How about some feedback on this dev team!?!?

Thanks

Jirel

2. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

You counted?

If you'd just ignored then, then you wouldn't have been so offended...
    If you didn't count the number of time they swore, even, you wouldn't have been so offended.

Not that I condone the individual's behaviour.
    But... This is your second thread on the matter...

3. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend

Again I tell you, dont let people ruin your game. So what they said that stuff. I just laugh at them and go about my gaming. Maybe you should too, and find things to enjoy about the game your playing, instead of looking for reasons to get mad and be offended.

4. And remeber when you get a GM, they will tell you, It is the responsibility of the person being harassed to move, and not that of the harasser...

Also you need to block them, or fliter them... :O but that button hasn't seemed to work in a little whiel..

5. Mish o sha

Mish o sha Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

6. laurlo

laurlo Guest

unfortunately being griefed means you have to move away from the person griefing...not that the person griefing needs to move...

7. Jirel of Joiry

I did recall to Luna bank after I paged on the guy. I sat alone upstairs waiting for the GM message. I counted the F-bombs in my Journal. It was a Eddie Murphy style tiraid.
    I'm sorry I didn't put this information in my post.

8. The Craftsman

The Craftsman Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Just ignore the above replies Joriel. What they are saying is that it is your fault that you got abused and harrassed. Its like saying if someone goes into your house and steals everything in there then thats ok, because you left the door unlocked therefore the blame is on you.

The 'walking away' theory is all good and well in UO but that doesnt change the fact that EA dont give a flying F&$K that this sort of abuse goes on and as such dont care less about their customers. EA should be ashamed of their policy on this.

Joanne - time to step up to the plate and earn your spurs. Why does EA condone this behaviour and why dont they do anything to prevent it?

9. Dragkiris

Dragkiris Visitor

So you got cussed at big deal... You realize if you let it bother you the 13 year old social reject got what he wanted.

10. Jirel of Joiry

Here's the first of the responses I got from our "FABULOUS" GM staff.

Page #1 the harassment page:

And people wonder WHY I'm complaining???

11. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend

That page is so generic, no wonder they just canned it. That is a horrible page. If your going to waste your time and the GMs, they will need better information in your petition. If they dont get it, they will can it because of the "omg he was mean to me" tone in your petition.

12. Haddy G

Haddy G Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

EA sacked 540 employees, I'm sure some GMs are included in that number. I would even bet that DOAC and UO share GMs now.

Point is don't expect much customer service.

13. WWGRD?

WWGRD? Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

These pages are a worthless waste of time. If you are so thin skinned, maybe you should look into using the already provided obscenity filter. There are people out there with more pressing issues, bugged characters, items stuck under houses, yet you want to tie up the already limited staff because you are too damned lazy to use the filter or put the guy on ignore. You have ingame options to handle the situation yourself.

14. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Guest

before the 70's, women who were sexually harassed were told that they should get another job, move to another school, or just "ignore" it. things aren't perfect now, but we've come a long way from that mentality...

trouble is, there are still individuals (like the ones above) who believe that the responsibility in these situations is for the victim to deal with it or move somewhere else.

as long as they are the prevailing voice, we will stagnate.

15. EDA_GL

EDA_GL Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Fix the what? These " GM's " exist?

16. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Oh for ****'s sake. She got some dirty words used at her in a video game. There is NO parallel here.

17. Jirel of Joiry

NO! peanutbutter is right! I should NOT have to put up with it, Period.
    Its okay because its a game? Its okay because its the internet.

Well folks I suggest you pull your heads outta your tailpipes. You CAN go to jail for making threats via the internet! Make threats via the internet to the DOD, Congress or White House and you will find your butt parked in a cell at Ft. Levanworth, KS. Which is a federal PENITENTIARY! So don't think because its the INTERNET that makes it okay. My point is its not okay BEHAVIOR anywhere!! thank you

18. Jirel of Joiry

Also to the people that complained about the way I paged:

PLEASE, tell me how I should word it because if I'd put EVERY F-bomb in the page I'd been banned. You cannot cut&paste the Journal nor would I because again..I'd GET BANNED. So please oh wonderful uber geniuses tell me how to page or better still why do you make us all templates so we can all use them!!

:grrr: :owned:

19. Aran

Telling someone off/swearing at them is NOT making a threat, by any means.

How's that straw man argument feel?

20. Aran

Additionally, get some tougher skin. They're just words.

WORDS!

21. Silly Seadog

Stratics Veteran It's My Birthday

Arrrr, they were a-sharin' GMs even 'fore the sackin'!

22. TirNaNo'g

TirNaNo'g Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Can't you just take a deep breath?
    In your earlier thread you admitted that you inadvertantly lured invasion spawn onto the other player. Did you try apologizing to them? Helping them out?

Consider the possibility that this was as nice a person as you'd ever meet on any other day, but just had a really bad day in RL? Is it worth demanding that our game lose another paying customer just to satiate your desire for justice over the rude language? What if the player hadn't swore at you, but instead called a GM on you for luring in Trammel? What if the then came to UHall demanding to know why GM's didn't ban Jirel over the luring incident?

Seriously - why don't you try to find this character again and apologize, telling them it was an accidental luring? See if they're any calmer. If they swear at you again, then you might have some justification for your report of harassment.

For all you know anyway, the player may have recieved a mark on their account for the incident - GM's aren't going to tell you. No GM is going to appear before you and say "Thanks for notifying us that this player swears like a sailor.. we'll be sure to ban them immediately!" They can't tell you anything about actions made on other's accounts - so in your case they couldn't tell you anything at all.

23. Jirel of Joiry

I was trying to help my sister who was over whelmed with spawn. I would have but guy was being so awful I didn't think there was much point.

I mean if a customer raises hell at me at work I will TRY to deal with them to a point but when they turn abusive, then my boss deals with them. He's the owner of the business so he can toss whom ever he pleases out of the store.

My sister did apologize. She said "I'm sorry about the spawn locked on to me chasing me and locking on to you. Its not intentional luring. My sister Jirel didn't mean it either. This is a invasion spawn unfortunately stuff like this happens. If it upsets you so much maybe you should do something else instead."

I left and sis tried. Well at any rate maybe UO would be better off without me and Sis. I mean what's 4 more accounts flushed down the potty.:sad4:

I wish they'd go back to all fel rules. then when someone behaved like a Boorish, immature, child you could pk them till the message penetrated their thick skull.:twak:

I'm sure their are other would just pk everyone and UO would become a great big killing field.:stretcher: Richard Garriot is right UO IS a failed social expirement. :(

24. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Ever since this game stopped being +17 (or was it 18) years or older, they decided to take on the responsibility of making this game acceptable to younger children in order to boost sales/subscriptions. True the OP may not have been a 13 year old sunday-schooler, but the standards that were originally enforced should still be.

The filter option was originally intended for those intelligent people who thought of creative means to throw insults, not for people who spout foul language. The GMs should enforce their rules.

I've noticed that nearly every GM-ripping post has to do with the hypocrisy of their following some rules and ignoring others. The rules need to be amended, or followed equally.

25. Aran

You know Jirel, YOU can always play in Fel if you want a Fel ruleset.

26. Katlene

Katlene Guest

snap

27. Jirel of Joiry

HERE IS A REFRESHER ON UO TOS AND ROC!!!!!! PLEASE NOTE THE TEXT IN BOLD! FIRST THE ROC!

28. Jirel of Joiry

NOW FOR THE TOS:

29. Comic Book Guy

Comic Book Guy Visitor

Every few months something happens in game that gets your panties all up in a wad. Do us a favor and quit already and quit wasting bandwidth on your "woe is me, everything ALWAYS happens to me" drivel.

30. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

Totally off on a tangent, but the term "F-Bomb" amuses the sh*t out of me. I can understand "F-word" if you really don't like using the word, but "F-Bomb" It's not a bomb, it doesnt do damage *chuckles* The term amuses me

I love all these odd terms that people come up with =D

Hubby and I were having a discussion, and we've decided an "F-Bomb" would sound like "FABOOOOOMMM!!!" Really sounds nothing like f@#k

31. Katlene

Katlene Guest

lols teesh your so quirky!! gunna have to use that from now on eh
    holy faboom!!!
    faboom off :lol:

32. Silly Seadog

Stratics Veteran It's My Birthday

Arrrr, methinks "F-Bomb" be a radio term!

33. Aran

Doesn't mean you can't simply swear.

Now F-BOMB off already. rolleyes:

34. Jirel of Joiry

What part of VULGAR do you not understand Aran???? Please if your reading comprehension is so bad might i suggest you sign up for a Adult literacy class in your area. Providing you are a adult. If not you might try paying attention in English class!

35. Aran

Hey, remember that last line I sent you?

Yeah. Heed the advice.

36. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend

If you were in fel they would have killed you for luring.

And whats Vulgar to you may not be vulgar to me.

Ohh and while we are quoting terms of service....

So I dont think anything is broken.

37. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

38. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

[SIZE=-1]Please make your feelings known through proper channels, try here:
    http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/site_fdbck.php
    and here
    http://www.uoherald.com/feedback/index.php

'calling me names' does not convey the information that unacceptable language was used. Try 'abusive and profane verbal attack'

Reminder to all: dodging the profanity filter by using symbols to spell out words is against RoC.

Stratics is not the appropriate medium through which to get your issue addressed.

[/SIZE]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!