1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Please fix house teleporters

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kaleb, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Not being they are broken but very annoying, Character A from the first account is leaving the house my 2nd account owns from Malas to Fel, the character traveling OWN's the location house in fel I should not get that gump warning me I am entering fel, In fact I feel If a character is Friended to the destination house in fel, the gump should not, and really has no need to pop up. It should only pop up if the fel house is in very rare instances Public.

2. Casca_The_Immortal

Casca_The_Immortal Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Kaleb what you are asking for is not realistic you are asking them to do another database query to check if someone is friended. That's more work and EA isn't interested in more work.

In practical use they shouldn't have the gump at all it's absurd. The reason it is absurd is very basic. In order for Character A to go from House A to House B in Fel, Character A has had to ALREADY been to House B in fel to get accessed. If they have ALREADY BEEN THERE then they ALREADY KNOW it's in FEL and a PvP Area. The gump is redundant and useless because you can't teleport to a house you don't have access to, AND if you HAVE ACCESS (here is the rocket scientist part) YOU ALREADY KNOW WHERE IT IS BECAUSE YOU HAVE BEEN T HERE!!

Falls into the "Hi I'm a developer for EA/Mythic I've never actually played the game, but I write code for it. Because I don't understand how the interaction process works completely because I've never played the game I'll go ahead and load it up with a bunch of crap that is either way off base or irrelevant and nod my head to the rest of my team that doesn't play the game and say "See that, no one will be getting pk'd on my watch" while I cross my eyes and wipe the drool from my chin" category.

3. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

If a house is public then a player can teleport to it, but like I said previously The gump should only come up when traveling to a public fel house to prevent death gating everything else the gump comes up on is pointless.

4. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I think this was a "fix," not to what you posted, but i seem to remember being able to use them when dead, which was very convenient. Last time i tried it didnt work anymore, so i guess the devs changed it for one reason or another?

5. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Since you are teleporting from a tram-rule set area to a fel-rule set area that is out of guard zone you will always get that warning gump. Same rule applies to player-casted moongates that lead into fel in an unguarded territory.

It would seem a bit unnecessary to have them put together some code or exception just for players who are in tram-rule set location stepping on house teleporter to a fel-rule set area just because they own the house.

Instead they should just simply have the option to have the gump not show up again warning you that you're about to enter fel that would apply to all other forms of teleporting into fel.

6. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

There was good reason they changed it, not sure i can say agin why. Petra? (i dont wana get told off again lol).

It was a nasty thing people could do with them.

Only reason i see the gump being a problem is for scripters roflmfao!!
    Its just a click no different toa moon gate!

Thunderz

7. Evlar

Evlar Guest

I've fixed the teleporters. Oh wait...

[​IMG]

...Whoops!

8. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Don't see why you shouldn't be able to say why. As long as you don't get incredibly detailed. Suffice to say it involved blocking and killing people after they got in the house.

9. TheGhostRaider

TheGhostRaider Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

A quick fix will be to able the same warning as when you enter the two fel champs in Abyss, we are able to turn the warning off. if the DEV's can put something similar in the house teleport that will be great. this way you have the choice .

10. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

OK (i got burned last time i said how to do it).

One teleporter in a luna shop, the other in a fell house, you go shopping, step on the telleporter and get telleported to a fell house, killed and looted.

Even worse was when you visited a house with items at 200% discount (i.e. armour of fortune for 1mill). You try to leave the house in males or tram and stand on the telle (as its next to the door) and BOOM now your now in fell and dead and all your items looted :p

They put them back on the vendor for 1mill again and await there next customer :p

Thunderz

11. Evlar

Evlar Guest

Hahaha :lol:

Happy shopping! :gee:

12. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

One problem I see with that. What if the person buys those items from outside the house? Or what if the person enters the house, buys it, then recalls away? lol

13. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

As I've said..minus the "drooling" part...but they could drool, I just don't know for sure..

14. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I agree if you are friended or co-owned to a house you shouldn't have to click through a warning gump.

15. Thats not true, if you never had the gump people could use them in a house in tram and teleport people to a public house in fell and kill em, so atleast the gumps kind of gives a pre warning :)

16. Coppelia

Coppelia Guest

200% discount? That means they pay you to take the item. Nice!
    When the price is halved, it's a 50% discount. 100% discount means it's free.

17. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Actually, it already preforms that check. If the house is set to private, it checks to see if you are friended, if you aren't friended, it won't let you through.

18. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You get the warning probably because they have to idiot proof everything these days from the real world to the virtual world. They were probably afraid someone would step through the teleporter into fel and not realize it because they have the desolation turned off because barren trees and tombstones scaried them and some friendly red ends up killing them and taking all their uninsured items and now they are closing all 20 accounts and leaving UO. Basically its the same reason airplanes have warnings on exit doors that in essence say trying to open this door at 30,000 feet going 400+ MPH might have detrimental effects to your health.

19. Tom_Builder

Tom_Builder Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

If is 100% is free, then if an item is worth 1mil at 200% can I get the item and 1mil. Where was this vendor at again?

To the OP, I agree with you. The warning shouldnt come up for the house owner.

Tom

20. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I also agree that the warning is VERY annoying. I'd like to see it fixed if possible but if it involves too much coding then it might be best to let it lie.

21. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You are quite right, Thunderz, it was put in to stop griefing.

What was happening was teleporters were put in a shop, in Luna. Hidden under gozas. People wandering round the shop stepped on the hidden, anyone access teleporter and found themselves unexpectedly in fel and surrounded by hostile players.

So some of you who have made assumptions, such as you have to have been accessed to the destination house, should maybe think again, and possibly apologise for the derisory way you have addressed the developers who put this in at our request to stop an abuse of the item.

22. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

There used to be a way to turn this message off via your avatar's context menu.

It was on mine today, I re-enabled the message (which I was getting regardless) and the option abruptly vanished from my menu. There was a way to turn off the message, so something has broken it or it was removed without notice.

Edit: It looks like the menu option is only missing in the EC. Odd.

23. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

but what I have been saying is if you Own the house, Are friended, or have Access its pointless to get the gump, If the house is public and you dont have Co/owner, Friend, access then the gump should appear. Griefing A.k.A death Gating should not be an issue then.

24. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If thats your case then ill happily be your bestest friend an co owner/friend you to all my house when i meet you (what server are you on btw?) so then i can take all your items as you "thought we were friend"!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Then you'll cry on here as all your "so called" friends take all you precious :sad2:

:thumbup1: so its fixed now and no one gets screwed [friend/co-owner/public/private house...... ETC

Thunderz

25. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe you should read the thread and comprehend What its about, Before you make yourself look like a trolling fool.