1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Please fix PvM line of sight

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Salty Pete, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Salty Pete

Salty Pete Guest

This is an old issue that gets fixed and then broken regularly, it is currently broken. Spell casting NPCs are throwing spells around corners, through floors, attacking hidden characters and even casting spells on characters three screens away from their current location.

Also, there is a bug that allows NPCs who attacked you prior to a recall to follow you at player speed if you return to an area where they still roam.
  2. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

Jun 4, 2008
    I've noticed that after hiding or invis'ing some monsters will still walk right up to where you are hiding instead of stopping like they used to.
  3. No kidding.... these are annoying. Pets can't attack monsters that are attacking me/them, can't target because you "can't see" the monster right in front of you, . It appears these monsters are at Z+1 level, even ones that can't fly.

Wonders what will happen in SA when we get the plaer gargoyle race....

And to your second point, if you invis and stealth, the monsters follow right on top of you and attack if you become visible.
  4. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 3, 2004
    Pet Line of Sight issue is not PvM only btw. Player controlled pet works exactly the same way if not worse.

I was attacked by a greater dragon (melee hit AND fire breathe AND spells) on top of SL base while the greater was directly 1 floor under me. It was attacking me just like it was right next to me. Dont happen often but it does happen and everything you mentioned holds true even if the mob is a player's pet.
  5. laurlo

laurlo Guest

would love for this to be fixed