1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

please fix stamina in KR!!!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Blade_Thugluv, Aug 3, 2008.

1. So i just started using KR again (first time i have been truly using it since i beta tested and quit UO). First thing i noticed is that you run out of stamina WAY faster then in 2d.

In 2d i have 20 stamina and can run from the honesty gate to melissa and not run out of stamina however in KR i run from the gate to wisp entrance and im out of stamina.

i will post as i find more changes that bite..

UO2D +1
    UOKR -1

~Blade

2. Erekose

Erekose Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Hmmm. I use KR almost exclusively but I have seen no difference in stamina use. I wonder what's up with that.

EDIT: I just did a quick test and there was NO difference. Sounds like FUD to me.

3. Restless

Restless Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i dislike virtually everything about kr

4. bug then? its not just onces this happens its none stop for me

~Blade

5. i run from the top of the room melissa is in to the bottom and back 3.5 times and im out of stamina. i can do it way more in uo2d.

char:

elf
    120 str
    20 dex
    150 int

wearing:

Wizards Crystal Reading Glasses
    Pendent of Magi
    Midnight bracers
    Armor OF fortune
    Arcane Shield
    Crimson
    Spell Woven britches
    Stitchers Mittens
    Etoile Bleue
    Novo Bleue
    Robe Of Eclipse
    Melissa's Cloak
    Scrappers
    Totem Of Void

Riding a Ethy Ostard

~Blade

6. Thav12

Thav12 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

never seen that.Keep at it blade, the KR client will win you over. Just one feature that I truly enjoy: when you are a dead ghost, open a map and run to a red dot.

I was sceptical, now completely convinced KR is it for me. However, i admit I do not do PvP very regularly at all, and I can see that some of the KR macros are suboptimal for veteran PvP's

7. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Some people are claiming you can run slightly faster in KR than in 2D. This would probably cause increased Stamina loss as a side effect.

8. good point. It does seem a little fast to.

~Blade

9. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Since Stamia loss is done server side this would make NO sense at all. There's a perception issue at work here, not actual coded fact.

10. well if KR indeed is faster then uo2d it would make sence and is not perception.

Walking you run out of stamina slower unless you have SR
    running your going faster and will lose stamina faster
    so if KR is faster then 2D you would lose stamina faster due to moving fast.

i mean it sounds logical to me.

~Blade

11. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

You would still lose the same amount of stamina at the same tile location if you ran in KR or 2d.

For example if you run from point A to point B in 2d and lose 10 stamina and it takes 10 seconds, even if you lose 10 stamina in 9.5 seconds in KR, you will still be at the same point B that you were in 2d.

Server-wise there is no difference. It just feels like it if your client access speed is faster (connection, client, and system power-wise).

12. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Connection also plays a part in how fast you move. Ever watch someone stumble from tile to tile like they were going in slow motion? To them it might look like they are running. So while you may think you are running as fast as you can, someone else might be able to. The faster you go the more Stamina you lose. When I first started playing UO my connection was so poor I could run around and never lose any Stamina. When I upgraded I was wondering why the heck I was running out all the time.