1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Please Fix Tree Deeds

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Endrik, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Endrik

Endrik Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Im talking about the tree deeds from the Heritage Tokens. They are awesome and I love them, except for the really annoying detail that when you use them, every floor of your house below the tree has a "tree shadow" cluttering things up. Is there any way we can get a fix for this so that using these deeds will make our houses look better and not worse?

2. Aboo

Aboo Guest

I agree they are awesome except for that tiny detail.

3. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Also, the fireplace showing through on the next floor.

4. Aboo

Aboo Guest

I usually place plants there to hide it but it would be nice to not have it show through. However, if they made it like the ovens and you had to have an open space above, I would prefer it to be like it is now.

5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

that one bothers me a lot! ruins my design!

6. I remember quite a discussion on this when these were released. In order to stop the bleedover, the trees would be limited to placement only on the ground floor.

In discussions with Devs, it was determined that the graphic shadows were more acceptable than limitations on placement. I don't recall if Draconi was part of that, but if he sees this mebbe he would take a look-see?

7. Here's a way to disguise this on a custom plot ...

Create a flue type of construct on upper floors such that it pokes thru the roof like a chimney. This can be built from the stone corner piece (SE corner right-angle), a N side and a W side.

If you do it right, you can then use a trophy deed to place a mounted head on it or something.