1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Please give Gargoyles a shadow beneth them when flying

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Eric Ravenwind, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Eric Ravenwind

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I'ts a little hard telling what tile they're on. A simple black shadow beneith them would be great.

2. Bman

Bman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

bump...

3. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If you use UO Assist under the Display tab you can "View yourself as" & simply select something on the ground. It's the easiest fix but the fact that it's needed sux to begin with.

4. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Flying gargoyles have no shadows? Hadnt noticed that, but I dont have one. Maybe they can move the snake shadows to gargs, and then we won't have floating snakes :p

5. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

gargoyles dont have shadows period, i've complained about that for a while as it not only makes movement for them difficult but movement for other people around them (since for some reason you still bump them while flying). Until SA all players and all mounts had shadows but they just didn't bother with the gargs :/

6. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Doesn't really fix the problem of seeing what tile other people are on though.

Also, isn't there some bug with doing this that causes you to walk slow if you die while viewing yoruself like this?

7. Hellstorm

Hellstorm Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Directly from the gargoyle embassy of britannia:

Gargoyles appear to have some restrictions as a race. Gargoyles cant wear most of the gear, or arm most of the weapons, cant fold up their wings and ride a mount, and most importantly no shadow.

Its called being uber awesome, shadows are for noobs.

Gargoyles had shadows once, they were too awesome and powerful, so we removed them and threw them in a cave. They didnt just die, or fade away however. They waited in the shadows and ate a Dragon. Gargoyle shadows are now shadow wyrms, a creature so awesome that it cant be tamed.

The gargoyle queen suggests you go kill a shadow wyrm, and wear the carcass as a cape, and stop your crying!

Regards, Gargoyle Embassy

8. curlybeard

curlybeard Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Vampiric embracing gargoyles don't cast a shadow... or is it have a reflection.

9. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

10. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

There once was a time shortly after they were introduced that if they were wearing footwear, the footwear would appear on the ground while the garg was flying. It seemed it was a glitch and they fixed it rather quickly. A shadow would be nice even if it is just a dark circle on the tile where they would be standing. The display as a creature feature in uoassist is nice it does mean that you have to pay attention to the buff bar in order to see if you are in flying or not, and as someone already mentioned that doesn't help if you're fighting against one.

11. sirion

sirion Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

want shadow +1

also been thinking about it recently more and more as I play more of garg char!

Could never seem to walk on a moongate accurately.....

a shadow would help a lot

12. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

@Cetric... Yep if you happen to die like this you'd move at nothing faster than a non-mounted walk, so I just toggle if off while I get ressed. As far as not seeing where your oppponent is that's true. Not a while lot different than normal though when you consider that what 2 moving people on the same screen with each other see is rarely the same etc.. JC posted an old vid of him dual clienting near the hedge maze & it was funny to look at each screen at the same time and notice the differences on where it displayed characters.

13. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I agree. Shadows :thumbup1:

14. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

There used to be a small dot/shadow where the gargoyle was on the terrain back in the early beta of SA in the EC... dunno if it was used in the CC or not or if it's still there as I don;t run a garg character.