1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Please Help.... Housing Question...

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by iLLegal Means, Jan 10, 2009.

1. iLLegal Means

iLLegal Means Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I own a small house (8x11), and am thinking of purchasing a bigger home. How does this work?... Once the owership of the new home is giving to my character what happens once my character owns two houses? Will both houses start decaying or just my old house?

Can someone step me thru how to purchase a new home, while still owning a home? I plan on closing down and dropping the old house after I've moved all my stuff. I just don't want to lose both houses. Please help!!!

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Go ahead and get the new house. Once you do, the new house will become your "Primary House" and the older one will begin the normal IDOC cycle. I am not sure of the length of the cycle, but you will have at least 5 real life days to complete the move before the original house would fall.

Hope that helps!

3. Lady_Rachel

Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

What Tazar said.
    When you buy your new home you and the seller will stand under the house sign of the new place. He will start the trade and you will put the gold in the trade window when it comes up. You will get a window telling you any other house you own will be condemned. Go ahead and click ok.
    You will then be the proud owner of a new home!
    Your old home will cycle through the IDOC stage slowly. As Tazar said you will have a good 5 days to move all your things, drop your house if you wish, or sell it to someone if you wish also. If you do nothing with it at the end of the IDOC stage it will fall on it's own.
    Good luck and happy house buying!

4. iLLegal Means

iLLegal Means Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

thanks Tazar and Rachel... I am now a proud owner of a new much bigger house...
    Went from an 8x11 to a 14x17... This house is HUGE!!!
    Just spent at least 4 hours moving my stuff tho... wow I have too much crap... and now I have room enough to gather even more crap... yippee!!!

Every thing y'all said is correct... but I believe the regular IDOC cycle is 7 days... but I've finished moving anyway... thinking of giving the old place to a new player just for the heck of it...

Thanks again for the info and assurances... was nervous of letting the old place go condemed.

5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I thought it was 7 days, but I'd rather tell you under than over in this case... :p

Glad it all worked out well for you!

6. Lord Clay Of Aquinas

Stratics Veteran

You could always let the old house fall, but load it with junk from all over, and then watch the mob loot it. :)