1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

please help with suggestions for paladin

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Touzoko, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 7, 2008
    am thinking of second account- for pvp and pvm. Was thinking about having no stealthing character. Would like knight paladin- was inspired by posts by te'kan concerning his knight.
    There were many very good suggestions on that post. Mine is: since paladin is magic user AND dexxer, what is best way to split stats? How to keep up swing speed, and also have sufficient mana for paladin spells?
    Thank you.
    This one may wish to discuss trading/buying account, to get extra 20 skill points for character. Skills do not matter- could even be other than warrior. But some fighting skills would be nice to start- swordsmanship or macing would be preferable.
  2. Ravahan

Ravahan Guest

You'll want to have about 40-50 mana or so. That's probably sufficient to do your paladin abilities and the occasional special move, as the chiv spells are relatively low mana cost. The worst is Enemy of One at 20, followed by Divine Fury at 15.

Personally, I like to have healing on my melees just because I don't like depending on mana... but if you want to go all mana healing, then go with a faster weapon and bump your mana a bit more. Otherwise, you'll want the highest dex you can realistically keep on this shard as that will boost your swing speed and bandage timer. My prodo guys have 140+ dex but I don't think that's feasible here.

Tactics is a must, not just for specials but for the DI that doesn't take off from what you get by doing EoO and using a slayer and such.

Hope that helps =D
  3. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 16, 2007
    with a faction suit on and at least 35 pots my toon has
    138 hps
    150 dex
    94 mana (give or take the jewls)
    all resists 68 + w/40 HCI...30 dci...

plenty for killing almost anything!
  4. Bruin

Bruin Guest

On my paladin I run:

115 Arch (Need a 120)
    100 tactics
    100 anat
    100 heal
    105 chivalry
    70 med
    110 resist (need a 120)
    90 Str, 45 int, 120 dex.

Not sure the numbers add up right, but something like that. You can easily replace archery with any melee.

With healing used as my primary healing method, I get by fine just monster bashing. Mana is rarely an issue. If I had to use chiv as my primary healing method, then i would definitely need more mana regen.

I would however suggest you switch up the template in one of two ways:
    1. Drop chivalry to 70 (only reason I took it to 105 was holy light, a waste) and throw 35 points into something else, Med?
    2. Drop chivalry to 70, drop healing, and pick up bushido to 120 and the rest in Med - coupled with some mana regen gear. Chiv+busido does lots of damage to monster.
  5. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oct 25, 2004
    when i looked for a 2nd account i look on prodo shards for an old char. They didnt even have a seige char. is alot cheaper that way to get an old char.