1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

PLEASE POST YOUR OPTIONS ON THIS POST DID MAXIS LUC LIE

Discussion in 'EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums' started by cammrisdemorte, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luc made this comment on feb 2nd
    I believe our latest weapon will be in place this week, and if that is the case, I will be able to raise the payouts again.
    this was about ppl useing bots and it is now march 14th so what happend is the major question
    OH AND BTW ALL i did give lee a good idea on how to stop botters it was to put in a randomly times security check and lee said it was a waste of there but it works for a lot of other games so cant it work here

2. That's a good question.

On another note, its reasons like this that cause them to not give us time lines. We always call them out on it. lol.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

luc made this comment on feb 2nd
    I believe our latest weapon will be in place this week, and if that is the case, I will be able to raise the payouts again.
    this was about ppl useing bots and it is now march 14th so what happend is the major question

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd hazard a guess and suggest that the first part of his post didn't happen as he'd hoped and it has therefore been delayed.

As to whether Luc "lied" - I'm sure at the time of making his original post, he had every intention of following through with raising payouts, but the dependencies he stated that were required to do that, didn't come off.

Happens in business all day, every day - things get tested and don't work as they should, so implementation dates get delayed.

Polly

4. polly that could be true but i also asked lee in game and he said that the pay would not go back up so what is the deal with luc saying 1 thing then lee saying another

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Did he say it wouldn't go back up at all or it wouldn't go back up to what it was?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]I have no options with this, but to accept things as they are. However, in my opinion, Luc did not lie to us. To make such a claim, you would have to prove that he made that statement with the intent to defraud or deceive. Good luck with that.

Also, in my opinion, I feel that those who resort to such rhetorically-charged statements as the basis of their argument really have no argument at all.

7. lee said that the pay was not going back up so how he ment it idk

8. Guest

Guest Guest

When they say a week and we still have heard nothing in 6 weeks, I think the timeline thing is a bit of a joke.
    We are getting back to where they seem to be keeping us in the dark about certain issues.
    Surely they could say something on such an important issue as the low payouts.
    Hearing nothing leaves it open to speculation, and because they seem to willing to keep us up to date on everything that is going right.
    Hearing nothing makes this person anyway, think that in regards to this everything is going bad.

9. I dont think he lied. He probably just misspoke or they ran into problems.

I do, however, think there is bad communication between the devs.

10. cammrisdemorte

i have been in this game for going on 4 years now ! And i happen to like the payouts the was they are, i have had to WORKED for them, like you and eveyone else! it's nice to know that everyone, is the same or NOT, or BOT or not ! it's Also Nice, to know that everything on all four of my lots i have crafted, or now Costoms, or the simple chair, By TSO/EAL is mine. Now if MaxisLuc lied or not, WHO CARES !!!!! I feel that pay out are GREAT And should stay the way they are, And yes this is My Option !! [​IMG]

Take Care
    Max [​IMG]

11. <blockquote><hr>

cammrisdemorte

i have been in this game for going on 4 years now ! And i happen to like the payouts the was they are, i have had to WORKED for them, like you and eveyone else! it's nice to know that everyone, is the same or NOT, or BOT or not ! it's Also Nice, to know that everything on all four of my lots i have crafted, or now Costoms, or the simple chair, By TSO/EAL is mine. Now if MaxisLuc lied or not, WHO CARES !!!!! I feel that pay out are GREAT And should stay the way they are, And yes this is My Option !! [​IMG]

Take Care
    Max [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that supposed to be a joke?

Ofcourse you're happy with the way things are going you have 4 lots, including a store. This economy benefits you. Remember, we have to think about everyone here.

12. I disagree with you that the payouts are ok the way they are. I too do everything for myself. I don't think I can say its nice to know everyone is the same because there are still bots out there. There is no proof they are not ahead of us in some way. Unless you take low payouts as proof, which would be proof that there are people ahead of you who use bots. Otherwise the payouts would have increased even slightly, or the dev's would communicate differently than luc did.
    Its the same thing with properties who somehow manage to stay on for 23 hours a day with the same sim...I can't believe they are not using a bot or other incorrect way to stay online constantly.

As for the OP - I don't think he lied intentionally. The time line just didn't work out as he had hoped. It would be nice to have an update at least.

13. qute the main questions i have is why didnt we get a update on what he said and if what lee told me is true then why did luc say he would raise them

14. Guest

Guest Guest

idk what the problem is. First there is the war on bots. Then there is the problem with free accts. I think free accts should be left in TC3 til they are straightened out.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Ever stop to think the reason they dont say anything is because of posts like this one?? And with everything going on and the bugs that are going on do you really think that payouts are number one on their list...I dont think so ... honestly.... I think they have done a good job of trying to do what they say! What they want to do and what can actually happen sometimes are two different things. Instead of people complianing about the way things are be happy their talkin to us at all cuz honestly... they really dont have to... we have got more help with the game in the last year then we have had the whole time its been open... so be happy with what u got play ur sims and stop holding on to the old and lets get on with the new!

16. hey connie you want to say they work on bugs but 1 day after the took ealand for the 1st time to fix the error that wouldnt let you land i could not land so if they fix bugs why did that happen

17. vapd3317

vapd3317 Guest

TYVM Connie. You said it how I couldn't because the disgust I felt at this post even being presented had me saying things I dare NOT post. I personally feel this post was only designed to raise dissent among the community and such name calling towards a DEV is childish at best. The fact that things haven't changed could be for any number of reasons, and for anyone to call him a liar is vicious and outright uncalled for.

18. I'll take this... and then I think we can be done with this.

We are working on bots.
    We won't share our exact plans.
    Payouts will not go back to their original state. They are dynamic and tuneable.
    Lag, issues with the updater, merges, moves, object issues and a few other things have been a priority. These where not scheduled problems. One thing may delay another.
    He said "I believe".

Can this end your speculation now.

Regulators mount up!

Lee

19. Catwoman1966

Catwoman1966 Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I'll take this... and then I think we can be done with this.

We are working on bots.
    Payouts will not go back to their original state. They are dynamic and tuneable.
    Lag, issues with the updater, merges, moves, object issues and a few other things have been a priority. These where not scheduled problems. One thing may delay another.
    He said "I believe".

Regulators mount up!

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

You tell em Lee!!!

*think this thread can be locked now huh?*

Cat.

20. ok now i am confused luc says they will go up and lee says something that is kinda the opposite of that so witch so we believe

21. and btw cat that is the main problem with ealand now is so many ppl kiss up to the dev's that they could care less what they do to us

22. He said they wont go back up to the original state, which would have been when tso was alive. That we all knew.

So the question is when the time comes for the payouts to be tuned, how much of an increase can we hope for? Couple more dollars per item? $20 more. Its all so unknown with the dynamic payout setup.

Oh well, I still love the game. [​IMG]

23. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

ok now i am confused luc says they will go up and lee says something that is kinda the opposite of that so witch so we believe

[/ QUOTE ]

Lee didn't say something that is the opposite - he said payouts won't go back up to their original state, he didn't say they will never increase from what they are currently on.

Polly

24. <blockquote><hr>

hey connie you want to say they work on bugs but 1 day after the took ealand for the 1st time to fix the error that wouldnt let you land i could not land so if they fix bugs why did that happen

[/ QUOTE ]

You complain about your options, well you have 2 options only...Pay and play or don't and quit. Do you want bigger payouts or lag? Luc and the Dev team weren't speculating on having to add several different servers I don't think. You cry when the technical issues effect your game so they work hard at that. Make up your mind. Now my *option* is to keep paying for my subscibtions and play the game. My opinon is this, I don't have to take care of anyone in this game except myself. I own 6 houses and I worked hard and long to get them and i'm building a nice little bankroll on the payouts as they are right now!!

25. Guest

Guest Guest

It's simple, 6 weeks ago when Luc said what he did, the devs had an impression of what the economy would be.
    I think now they have another more realistic impression of what it means to be able to open the buybacks, even without bots.

26. oh ok i see it clearly not so instead of giving us a idea he gave us a vage cop out like all ways i will never understand why the dev's just cant give a straight answer when we ask a simple question its like the want us in the dark and yet they wonder why some players get po'ed

27. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

cammrisdemorte

Take Care
    Max [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that supposed to be a joke?

Ofcourse you're happy with the way things are going you have 4 lots, including a store. This economy benefits you. Remember, we have to think about everyone here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sean:

No this is not a joke, EVERY LAST bit of money that i have made, on 3 lots ( not four ) <u>is not by a bot, </u> i have gone to other lots, to make the money, and Make 52.00 @ ATMAX SKILLS. Store you say, No, I don't have one! i have a skill, Crafting, and Money lot, but NO STORE ! Now i do think about everyone else! like i think about myself, it's inportant to have money in the game, to keep your homes going ! or to bye items for a upcoming home! and as i typed that i thought about something else, in the PLAYERS Guild to this game it CLEARLY Tells you that it's a GOOD idea to ROOM up With someone Untel you have enough to buy your own lot and be able to run it !
    Enough Said

Max [​IMG]

28. Catwoman1966

Catwoman1966 Guest

<blockquote><hr>

and btw cat that is the main problem with ealand now is so many ppl kiss up to the dev's that they could care less what they do to us

[/ QUOTE ]

For your information I do NOT kiss up to the devs!!!,
    Just get over it already, there's not only you who gets the low payouts we ALL do, you have to remember without the Devs this game would have died in 2007 so I think we have a LOT to be greatful for, don't you?!?! [​IMG]

Cat.

29. lmao cat funny you should say the game would be dead cause the way there running it now it wont last a year

30. <blockquote><hr>

lmao cat funny you should say the game would be dead cause the way there running it now it wont last a year

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats even funnier is its people like you who 2 years ago said it wouldn't last another year so I say GOOOOO Dev's and thank you for all your hard work. I think this is a beginning to a new and improved TSO !!!

31. Catwoman1966

Catwoman1966 Guest

<blockquote><hr>

lmao cat funny you should say the game would be dead cause the way there running it now it wont last a year

[/ QUOTE ]

Who knows.. maybe it will and maybe it wont, but at least they will have given us a year or two longer to play. [​IMG]

Rome wasn't built in a day, you have to give them time, they are only human beings after all.

Jeez some people can't go by one single day without finding fault with something or complaining about something. If it's not one thing then it's another *sigh*, it gets old fast.

Don't be so pessimistic.

Cat.

32. lets see here instead of fixing the pay we get a lava lamp game they say there working on bugs but we get the lava game some work lol

33. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

lets see here instead of fixing the pay we get a lava lamp game they say there working on bugs but we get the lava game some work lol

[/ QUOTE ]Do you have a point?

34. OH AND BTW ALL i did give lee a good idea on how to stop botters it was to put in a randomly times security check and lee said it was a waste of there but it works for a lot of other games so cant it work here

35. Catwoman1966

Catwoman1966 Guest

<blockquote><hr>

lets see here instead of fixing the pay we get a lava lamp game they say there working on bugs but we get the lava game some work lol

[/ QUOTE ]

You have 2 choices, either play or quit, if you're not happy why stick around?
    Or do you just like having someone or something to nag about maybe. [​IMG]

Whatever floats your boat.

Cat.

36. I think its really obnoxious to automatically assume that Luc lied... Obviously things did not go according to plan on battle the bots. I do think they will find a way to end it. Also, like Lee said there are other problems right now in the game that need to be fixed so they are prioritizing the issues.

37. Gaby

Gaby Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...and as far as being "grateful" for ea land...w/e, there are way more important things to be grateful for. They aren't letting us play this game for free, it's not a hand out, or charity , or doing us a "favor" by charging us a monthly fee to play... so , grateful ?? LOL yea right!
    [​IMG]

38. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I agree...and as far as being "grateful" for ea land...w/e, there are way more important things to be grateful for. They aren't letting us play this game for free, it's not a hand out, or charity , or doing us a "favor" by charging us a monthly fee to play... so , grateful ?? LOL yea right!
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]Ummm... Are you quite certain about this?

39. legscroft

legscroft Guest

<blockquote><hr>

OH AND BTW ALL i did give lee a good idea on how to stop botters it was to put in a randomly times security check and lee said it was a waste of there but it works for a lot of other games so cant it work here

[/ QUOTE ]

My options on this post = to read it or not read it.
    I read it.
    My opinions on this post = kinda silly. It's apparent in the first sentence of your quote from Luc that he didn't lie b/c he said "I believe".

40. <blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

from the EA Land Blog.
    Couldnt find the second part to it, hmmmm, remember reading it, just over looking it I guess.

Mavric

41. Paula777

Paula777 Guest

stupid thread..

42. Sims2

Sims2 Guest

i also really get tired of seeing all these complain posts on here also.

i like payouts as they are if they increase them fine if not oh well.

i know that money can be made and get a house. if you work with someone to

get a house that is good also. i worked with a friend in game that is how got

our lot going . made good doing pizza and did jams when not doing pizza.

than i recently started doing jobs make good from that also.

the devs are doing a good job. anyways that is just my opinion

and your entitled to yours. good luck to you in the game and have fun.

[​IMG]

43. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

oh ok i see it clearly not so instead of giving us a idea he gave us a vage cop out like all ways i will never understand why the dev's just cant give a straight answer when we ask a simple question its like the want us in the dark and yet they wonder why some players get po'ed

[/ QUOTE ]

It answer your first question, No. Luc said (according to you) that he believed something will be in place within a week. He 'believed' it would be. Not 'it will be" or 'it definitely will be' or 'we will put it in place on such and such day.'
    If I tell you "I believe in the easter bunny", does that make me a lier? No. I'm simply telling you what I believe in. Now, if I don't really believe in the easter bunny but tell you I do, then I would be lying.
    Can you tell us, without lying, that you know for a fact Luc did not really believe on February 2nd their latest weapon would be in place that week? I didn't think so.

Now, on to what Lee said. "[Payouts] are dynamic and tuneable." That means payouts can go up, payouts can go down, and the developers have the ability to make that happen.
    There is no cop out there. They've been talking about dynamic payouts and having the creation of money (payouts, starting cash, etc) be directly proportional to money taken out (CC fees, NPC fees, catalog items, etc.) and generally bringing balance to the economy for over a year.

Might I suggest a bit more research next time before calling people liers and cop outs?

44. Kiwi Lover

Kiwi Lover Guest

I couldnt agree more. Personally i like how the system is working now. Not too fond of the "if you buy it new its worth nothing" thing cause i kinda like flamingoing house, but i deal. And there are other ways to have fun then just make money. I'm not saying we should be grateful. I'm not saying that we have no right to complain. Simply saying tough noogies, suck it up and move on or move on. Do you really only play this game to make money? Kinda sounds boring.

45. DGLita

DGLita Guest

Of course it wasnt a lie, when he said that he was keeping us informed of the progress against bots. Would you rather the devs stopped communicating with us, just incase something goes wrong?

I really wish this thread would get deleted because its very damaging to the relationship between the devs and the players. Whatever your opinion of the game you cannot deny that the devs are there in the game and available to talk to everyone and keep us informed of progress. This sort of thread will make them reluctant to share information with us in future.

46. Carter'

Carter' Guest

You made absolutely no sense. The Devs are doing great they do mostly all of what they say, and he dident lie they probaly ran into some problems in the middle of raising payouts stop worrying about LITTLE stuff like this. Let them get the cities merged and fix the bugs etc. This is not #1 on there list....

p.s Get over it Get a Sim Job [​IMG]

47. hey fyi cater i did work till luc cut they pay on that by over half

48. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I'll take this... and then I think we can be done with this.

We are working on bots.
    He said "I believe".

Regulators mount up!

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

You tell em Lee!!!

*think this thread can be locked now huh?*

Cat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I had hoped it would be at this point, but there's still another page of posts [​IMG]

49. legal1lpn

legal1lpn Guest

yippe for the Lee Man...now stop this chatter children and play the game!!

50. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I believe our latest weapon will be in place this week, and <font color="red"><u>if</u></font> that is the case, I will be able to raise the payouts again.

[/ QUOTE ]

He did not lie. He said <font color="red"><u>if</u></font>, therefore it was not a definite. He was letting us know what was intended and <font color="red"><u>if</u></font> it worked payouts would go back up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.