1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

***PLEASE READ*** PvP Related Threads

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Podolak, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Heya Catskills posters,

Lately there has been more board activity, yay! Unfortunately there has also been some differences of opinion on what makes a good PvP post and what is trolling, I hope to clear that up. Let's face the facts, UO players have enjoyed taking and viewing UO screen shots for as long as there has been UO. Trolling and personal attacks in UO have of course been around just as long. What we can't have on Stratics is the trolling and personal attacks aspect. Unfortunately PvP related threads seemingly lend themselves to this type of behavior. The solution I propose is to allow the posting of PvP screen shots without using wording that that attacks another poster.

Example:

Lets say Joe has a character named Sam and a lot of people know the character Sam is played by someone known by Joe. Posting a screen shot of the character Sam taking a dirt nap seems perfectly logical. Saying something like: This is me taking down "Sam" doesn't seem too offensive either. However saying something like: ""Joe" is complete garbage" really isn't appropriate. When other of Joe's opponents gang up on him it becomes much more targeted and the screen shot really just becomes an excuse to incite anger in Joe. When this happens it really isn't appropriate for posts on Stratics and not what we want to promote.

So lets give this a try. I am not going to allow a lot of leeway with the thread. I recommend posting a picture and then if you feel verbiage is necessary make a secondary post. That way if your verbiage crosses the line at least the screen shot remains.

I will even start the thread off in a post I will make below this one.

Thanks all!

2. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Interestingly I often forget to take screen shots of me dying which happens far more often *whistles*. I did however manage to take this screen shot because I wanted to yell at my guild mate with it. Yes, I had my guild tag up, yes I am still friends with this guild mate and yes he hasn't accidentally killed me since, that I can remeber anyway.

[​IMG]

3. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

These were originally posted by @Lynk :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

5. Zuckuss

Zuckuss Order | Chaos
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni K^S

Hey now. Sam deserved it after all that stuff he said in general chat. :p

6. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

** made a quick apparition on Catskills this afternoon and he died twice, then talked **** in caps for about 1 hour post fight.. typical
    notice his ''stood still'' excuses in chat lol
    stillborndies.jpg

#6 Quickblade, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
    Lynk likes this.
  7. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I would like for Dark Cloud to post a screenshot of him actually killing a worthwhile PvPer by himself, if that actually exists.

8. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I demand more mayhem be posted!! :mistress:

9. Nystul

Nystul Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

good times
    [​IMG]