1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Please REMOVE CHEST after looting ...

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by NilByMouth, Jul 12, 2010.

1. NilByMouth

NilByMouth Guest

The past few days there has been someone's old treasure chest on the location I've found around 90% of the time, :(

Especially to those (re-)discovering treasure hunting ... please use the Remove Chest option on the chest's menu to delete the chest after you've finished looting. Otherwise you will block the location for other hunters.

2. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

Yes please remove chests when you have completed your dig. There is nothing worse then trying to recall/gate into a treasure area and find it blocked. You recall/gate to the next nearest one and run over to it only to find someone else's empty chest there and have to wait for it to decay and leave. They do not decay quicker once they have been emptied, its on the same timer as when it was full. Please be courteous to your fellow treasure hunters.

3. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Wasn't the "remove chest" feature implemented for everyone to use? I thought anyone could remove any chests after some initial timer was gone to stop the blocking of spots.

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Kas: It only works if the chest is empty, last I checked.

5. It would be nice if the chest became public after a period of time so anyone could loot it and remove it.