1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Please remove Polls!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kat, May 16, 2008.

1. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

This is getting ridiculous! Everyone and their dogs are creating polls that aren't even about anything. Please allow polls by mods and admin only.

:lame:

2. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

I made something for you. >:> ...la

3. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It is just a new thing. Once people lose interest they will stop using them so much as was the case with Bulk Order Deeds, Community Collections and Thieves.

4. TheScoundrelRico

It's not like polls couldn't be created on the other forums. Just that they could only be made by plus members...la

5. Vaen Swiftar

Vaen Swiftar Guest

This should be a poll! Oddly enough...

6. TheScoundrelRico

LOL, it is...la

7. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

I think I am the guilty one of starting the trend. Sorry 'bout that. I at least tried to make my polls UO relevent and hopefully provide useful information to someone at EA or Stratics. It was all for fun though, not serious information gathering.

I think JC is right though... they're just kind of new and fun right now. They'll wear off before long. And they might be made a Plus only feature once the move is completed anyways.

It would be nice if Stratics or EA would sponsor at least a weekly poll. Something relevent but not too heated. No one is really going to take them too seriously anyways... but the effort would be nice. ;)

8. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I could live with that. I don't mind polls so much. I just don't want to see a forum full of them. rolleyes:

9. A really nasty thought popped into my head ... a Forum "Polls Only". If you want to setup one, do it there. Set one up in here or any other forum, it gets move there.

prolly :lame: but it's not :offtopic:.

Fun with smileys day ... can ya tell?

10. Lets put it to a vote. :p

Pickles: "I was actually the president of the Voting Sucks Club in High School."
    Nathan: "How did that go?"
    Pickles: "Well, I never got re-elected..."
    - Metalocalypse

11. Helen D

Helen D Guest

I vote yes hehe :)

12. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

13. Coppelia

Coppelia Guest

What does that change?
    There's always been a lot of new thread per day on UHall. Now some of them have a poll. Are you forced to read them? Do they slow down your computer? Do they aggress you?
    I don't think so.

People wanna include a poll in their discussion, let them do. Besides, if you think about it, threads on UHall are much more about giving an opinion than changing your own opinion about something. So it can all be sumed up by a poll. Then if you feel like a debate is needed, click the "Reply" button. Maybe someone will change their opinion, or will change yours.

14. Hanna

Hanna Guest

I agree, it's better than having polls censered so that only only moderators and friends of moderators get a say in what people may discuss in a poll.

15. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I like polls, alot posting on stratics is about wish for changes to something. The poll is just a nice tools to use when starting a debat.

Lets say, I make a post. "Town attack is lame, could we move the spam outside guard zone?"

My goal with the post is to hear how many who feel the same way and start a debat about it.

People will still post their opinions and the poll will sum up nicely to show if I have support for my wish.

my vote is keep the polls. You forgot to add the poll to the thread :lick:

16. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

As long it's about UO and not breaking the ROC, a thread made to debat something should be allowed with or without a poll added.

Some also hate threads where the debat don't go the way they wish, guess they hate it even more when they can see only few agree with them:lick:

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!