1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Please tell me if I am wrong. What is our Goal here?

Discussion in 'UO Developer Feed' started by Kyronix, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer

Aug 24, 2012
    I think the characterization of early participants before scoring changes were implemented as "new blood" coming into PvP is only partly true. Were people who traditionally not playing in Fel getting into VvV, yes...were those people that were going to promote player to player combat encounters...unlikely. What we had was an optimal strategy that awarded avoiding combat encounters coupled with an easily gamed reward system that provided a great opportunity at rewards. Get in, stealth around, steal some sigils, get rewards, then leave. While this is great for the individual that's hiding, stealthing, and returning sigils, it does not do well to promote the very combat encounters we hoped to encourage with VvV. In the long run it only served to frustrate the combat focused participants and not do well for the long term health of VvV.

Does the hider/stealther/thief deserve a role in VvV? Absolutely. Should that role be optimal way to win a match? No it shouldn't. Will we continue to evaluate feedback and expand on a more robust, and more importantly balanced, integration of hiding/stealthing/thieving and playter-to-player combat templates? You betcha!
    Lore Denin (GL) and Vexxed like this.