1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Plot size dilemma

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by JJMcClure, Jul 31, 2010.

?

Which would you choose

1. 9*14

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. 12*11

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. JJMcClure

JJMcClure Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I just recently discovered the I can put either a 3 story 9*14 or 2 story 12*11 and I need help choosing which one to go with. As for as storage both will more the accommodate me. Here is the dilemma. The 9*14 is nice because it has 3 stories to play with, but its really skinny and long. That along makes it really hard for me to design. If it where fat and short I would be happy with that. The 12*11 is nice because its a nice big almost square which makes it easier for me to design with. With out the 3rd story it kinda limits me.

Now with all that being said which would you choose and why. My UO house style revolves around my crafters. I would really like to focus on a straight workshop style house. Which in turn says to me size doesnt matter and I should just sucking up and choose one :p

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

To me, the question really depends on you and your style.

I think the two have pretty much the same overall footprint size (9x14 =126 tiles vs. 12x11 = 132 tiles).

If you are just looking for a crafting shop with good storage and little deco, then the 2 story should be fine. If you are in to deco at all, then you'll want the additional space. Total floor area would be 378 tiles on the 9x14 vs. 264 on the 12x11.

Personally, I'd go for the 9x14 to control more "virtual space".

3. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

bottom floor open-ish for blacksmithy and carpentry, the messy stuff

second floor for scribbling and alchemy

third for tailor, basketweaving, plants

so, yes, three :)

4. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

12 * 11 2 floors and a roof = 3 house levels with no roof put on

9 * 14 3 floors and a roof = 4 house levels with no roof put on

with that said now what I would do.
    I would head to the test center see if the area where my house is located, and see if the area is clear of houses and see if I can get something else in besides a 12 * 11 or 9 * 14. but that is me though I actually waited months, and months til the test center was cleared of houses to see if the house I wanted would fit in. LOL