1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Plz improve the refinement system

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Duncan Drake, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Duncan Drake

Duncan Drake Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Dont get me wrong i really like the idea behind the refinement system.....

BUT

After collecting hundrets of refinements it comes up that most are crap. The drop rate of invuln ones are too low. But as a dexxer who wears mace and shield glasses i have to use invuln ones, at least to have the chance to bring my resistances up to 5 * 75

So plz increase the chance to get refinements of invulnerability or make it possible to combine lower ones of the same type to get a higher one.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  2. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

Look for some new additions to refining in the next publish :)

Duncan Drake and startle like this.
  3. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I look forward to that. :)

4. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

As do I... The Invulnerability ones are way, way, way to rare... I've done in excess of 2000 Mib's and have a total of 16 Invulnerability componants. That is LESS THAN 1%. Actually, if you factor in the fact that there are 12 types, then the odds of finding one in the material you want to use, is way less than 1%. In over 2000 Mib's, I have YET to find a single one of any of these: Platemail Samurai, Ringmail, Studded Leather or Studded Samurai.
    Please fix this.

#4 startle, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
    Duncan Drake and Colgarra like this.
  5. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I hope by new additions he means..deletion and a fresh start..but all joking aside I hope it's better drop rates and maybe some tweaks to the system to make it a bit more appealing

Wrathflight and Colgarra like this.
  6. Colgarra

Colgarra Journeyman

Tweaks would be nice, but improved odds of getting Fortification or Invulnerability is sorely needed...

7. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Hopefully combining up to make better versions. That at least would save space, and make it more possible to get the top level for the armor you want. Still dreaming that they just ditch each specific armor type having a component in favor of one type for each associated crafting skill... as unlikely as that seems.

8. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Remove the armor type on them and make them where you can combine them like a scroll binder. There should have only been two types with 5 lvl eachfor 10 total and stackable.

legendsguy, Duncan Drake and Nyses like this.
  9. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Remove the armor type and when used is random in strength. Lesser use does not replace a greater strength already on targeted item.

This would solve the hoarding. Make them a better sale item on vendors. And with the history of the invul tending to hit a 4 instead of 5 max will still take ages to max out a suit.

10. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'd love if if you could "stack them" Maybe click and target and destroy one and add it's uses to another. Storage is bad enough for me already!